RHP?

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Palm Bay Fl
Is there a RHP brand that is recommended? Also can it be mounted to the ceiling of the enclosure up against the styrofoam insulation or should I cover the insulation with plywood?

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Hey, Ray

I can take a pix of how I have ours mounted (directly onto the plywood lid of our Sullys house). I use the same brand (Reptile Basics) as mentioned above (as dies Captain Knowledge aka Tom).

We have an 80w one connected to a thermostat. They warm up slowly emitting a nice radiant heat pattern. You can place your hand right on them. That said, id still recommend mounting on plywood (in the lid). Just seems safer.

Hope all is well.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Hey, Ray

I can take a pix of how I have ours mounted (directly onto the plywood lid of our Sullys house). I use the same brand (Reptile Basics) as mentioned above (as dies Captain Knowledge aka Tom).

We have an 80w one connected to a thermostat. They warm up slowly emitting a nice radiant heat pattern. You can place your hand right on them. That said, id still recommend mounting on plywood (in the lid). Just seems safer.

Hope all is well.
Thanks Mark, I will put in plywood.
Opo is good and I am getting better.