Reverse pyramiding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD9981

5 Year Member
I got my little RF, Houdini, just a few days ago - thank you Shellysmom. She gave him a great check up and spent a few days with him to make sure I was receiving a happy healthy tortoise. Although I am not certain of his past I can say his shell is not perfectly smooth. I wouldn't say that he has pyramids by any means but he is not as smooth as many of the little guys and gals I see on this site that many of you breed yourselves. He is still young and small. Maybe 5". With proper care can his shell smooth out or is the damage done?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
The damage is done. However, raise him correctly, and as he gets bigger and the new growth grows in smooth, the old pyramided grow will most likely be less noticeable.

TortieLuver

5 Year Member
Arizona
Well I was going to add to that but Wellington covered it well:)

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
I, for one, would like to see pics of your lil one. I know you'll do a great job with him.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Congrats. If your referring to growth at the outer rings on a scute are raised and the inner scute is depressed a little. That is from being kept too warm and growing too fast. That can be resolved with just good ol proper humidity and diet. Should start to grow smoothly over the years as mentioned above.

JD9981

5 Year Member
Sibi. I can't get them to post here but there are pics of him in my post "first morning". :) thank you all and he will be very well taken care of now!!

Attachments

• image-4054460295.png
    image-4054460295.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 19
  • image-2348872969.png
    image-2348872969.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 18
Status
Not open for further replies.