Restless

Status
Not open for further replies.

kurmaraja12

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Belleville, IL
Do torts ever get just plain restless?

Kurma has been pacing alot and knocking things about. Is he bored? Constipated? Wanting to go outside? Am I worrying too much? :p

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
I probably have the most restless Tort on the boards at the moment. In his case, he has loads of space, food, water, etc.... his problem is a one-track mind. He wants girls and he's not stopping to eat because of it, losing 25% of his body weight in 3 months!

Joe is an extreme. In the wild, torts roam for miles looking food and mates and it's not unusual for them to spend a fair amount of time just roaming. Males moreso than females.

You can make things better by giving a tort as much space as possible and plenty of plants and obstacles to make the enclosure interesting to eat and explore. Doing this outside is better.

However, you do have to accept that your tort will probably spend a fair amount of time just patrolling the boundaries even outdoors.

If a tort can see there's a wider world outside their enclosure, they'll often want to escape, so breaking sight lines helps.

kurmaraja12

5 Year Member
Belleville, IL
Haha poor joe!

Thanks for the tips, my little guy/gal will be getting a bigger space in less than a week. I took him outside and he seems to have calmed down :) ill try blocking the outside world from him while he's in his enclosure

GeoTerraTestudo

5 Year Member
Broomfield, Colorado
JoesMum said:
I probably have the most restless Tort on the boards at the moment. In his case, he has loads of space, food, water, etc.... his problem is a one-track mind. He wants girls and he's not stopping to eat because of it, losing 25% of his body weight in 3 months!

Joe is an extreme. In the wild, torts roam for miles looking food and mates and it's not unusual for them to spend a fair amount of time just roaming. Males moreso than females.

You can make things better by giving a tort as much space as possible and plenty of plants and obstacles to make the enclosure interesting to eat and explore. Doing this outside is better.

However, you do have to accept that your tort will probably spend a fair amount of time just patrolling the boundaries even outdoors.

If a tort can see there's a wider world outside their enclosure, they'll often want to escape, so breaking sight lines helps.

JoesMum, do you think it would help if you studded Joe out to other people, so he could breed with their females?

Status
Not open for further replies.