Rescue tort

Status
Not open for further replies.

allegraf

10 Year Member!
Here is the newest member of our herd. A lady named Martha found her in her yard. Called my friend who knows torts and he called me. As you can see she is severely pyramided. Very much like our other tort named Tallulah. Needless to say, since I have a tough time finding names, she has now been dubbed Martha. For those of you who are not familiar with Tallulah's story, here is the link:

http://www.tortoiseforum.org/thread-15242.html

Here is Martha in all her glory. She walks fine and does not seem to have any mobility issues. I have no idea how long she has been wandering the streets of South Florida or if someone did this to her and dumped her or she made an escape. Either way, she will be much loved and cared for properly from here on out. She also has red coloring on her shell and marbling. Hard to see it past the pyramiding though. There is beauty within.
IMG_9098.jpg

IMG_9097.jpg

IMG_9096.jpg

IMG_9095.jpg

IMG_9093.jpg

tyler0912

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Blackburn, U.K.
She Looks Like Shes Been Ran Over. She Has Beuatiful Colouring And Is Very Pretty. I Believe Its Got Bad MBD I May Be Wrong..

luvpetz27

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
She is so pretty.I just read the post about Tallulah. It's a sweet story. They are very lucky to have you and your family! :)

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
So great of you do take her and care for her the proper way! People like you are a god send for the poor torts! Im sure she will be very happy from here on out! Thanks for the story! I love happy endings! :) :)

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal
Its wonderful that she found a good forever home. I think she'll be very happy here on out. :)

cdmay

10 Year Member!
Somewhere in Florida
Wow, that's a beauty! It looks as if all of the new growth is normal and if she is walking OK I wouldn't worry too much about her.
Actually, she does have very pretty eyes and there seems to be some marbling to the carapace.
The fungal issues on the carapace should be easy to clean up. Good thing she found her way to you guys!

CharlieM

10 Year Member!
So FL
Wow! She's so lucky to find you guys! Sad that she's that bad off though. Martha suits her. I'm going to have to meet her.

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
This brings tears to my eyes of sadness and happiness.
Talk about NOT looking the other way.....
You and your family are so kind to take Martha and to look at the " inside".
That really is all that matters and this is a great reminder.
She is beautiful!

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
New York
Very nice head and eye color as others have said. Glad you guys found her!

I'm always a sucker for the rudolph-like noses, Martha is sporting a beautiful one!

cdmay

10 Year Member!
Somewhere in Florida
I looked at Martha's photos again and you know, if she had wheels instead of legs she would look like one of those old cars AMC made in the 70's like the Pacer or maybe an AMC Gremlin.

allegraf

10 Year Member!
Carl, you are totally dating yourself! I don't even know what is AMC and I'm old! Thanks all for the great comments. Martha will be fine, all it will take is time and better care, which is definitely in her future.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Darn and here I was hoping for a real picture of her! :D I think she is a very pretty tortoise myself.

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
That poor girl, I would have fallen in love with her also. Her eyes say it all. She has had a rough life..but she looks like a fighter...I just know she is in good hands now..god bless you for caring...

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
New York
terryo said:
We all know how lucky Martha is now, but you are both insane.

*High-five* Terry :)
I think if Carl used a little face moisturizer and Allegra stopped smoking (I won't say anything on the hair rollers...) they might be more photogenic? :p

mhbgirl

5 Year Member
She is a beautiful redfoot that will now have a beautiful life thanks to you. Someday I would like to rescue torts like this too. I plan on becoming a reptile veterinarian and helping torts like this that have had a sad life. There's many other torts out there right now just like Martha :(

Status
Not open for further replies.