Location (City and/or State)
Southern Oregon
The pond is almost done.
20gdz6a.jpg

105eae1.jpg

2i6cvgj.jpg

53lfn7.jpg

etz4gg.jpg

I planted some clover seed along the back of the pond. It should grow in nicely and fill up that small patch of soil.

I need to add water plants. Water hyacinths are what I'm looking for.

I need to make a lid. Bought the harware cloth today and will work on it this week.

Until it's ready she is being kept inside in a tank. Hopefully just a few more days.

She has eaten more for me today. So glad to be able to monitor her and feed her!! :D

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
Nice! So glad to hear she's eating and I love the pond!!!Can I bring my spotteds over? :)

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
The hardware cloth sliced me up a bit tonight. I ran out of it so I have to buy more tomorrow so I can finish it. Then she will move outside!

I can't find water lettuce or water hyacinth for sale locally.... ?? Hmmm...

I let her explore the pen while I was working on the lid. Didn't get pictures of her in the water, just burying herself in the dirt.

Heather
Sent from my Android TFO app

Heather

Attachments

• 1372740245022.jpg
    1372740245022.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 23

Gerards

5 Year Member
Florida
:(
Team Gomberg said:
EricIvins said:
I assume you are feeding floating food? If the animal has proven to eat things off the bottom or mid depth, why try to re-invent the wheel and feed the animal that way?

She is offered many foods. Floating things like Mazuri, dried meal worms, crickets etc. Sinking foods like the algae discs. Live foods like guppy feeders, snails and ghost shrimp.
I have no idea if she has ever caught a live food. I assume she would eat any of the foods that sink to the bottom.
All I know is she is losing weight. I am there 3x a week and see her miss food not eat it and when the feeder goes off the painted enjoys most of the food.

Are you thinking that if I have her at home in a pond I wouldn't need a food ring?

Heather

She was raised on sinking zoo med hatchling food. I would only feed her that for now they usually start eating floating food around 5 inches. Hatchlings in general do better on sinking food until they're big enough t swallow the floating. Email me and I can ship you some of the exact food I use for them.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Thanks Gerard. I have been trying to make things work for her. Tortoise info I know but the water turtle stuff I'm still learning.

I'll look around for that sinking food.
So far today and yesterday she has eaten the floating foods and sinking pellets when put in the separate tub.
I'm getting some of her favorite snails today to add to the pond.

P.s. I was trying to understand ericivins "re invent the wheel comment" because I want to do right by her. Now after your explaining, I get what he meant.

Heather

Attachments

• 1372784948141.jpg
    1372784948141.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 21

MikeCow1

5 Year Member
Orange County, CA
Have any koi shops locally? Usually those will sell water lettuce and hyacinth. So will some tropical fish stores. Down here even some of the garden nurseries like Armstrong have them

Status
Not open for further replies.