Reptile Room (Basement)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpeck425

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
Here's some pics of the reptile room. Again, I apologize for the quality. I really need to get a better camera.

Jeff :)

Reptile Room 1.JPG
Reptile Room 2.JPG
Reptile room 3.JPG
Reptile Room 4.JPG
Reptile Room 6.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
What do you have in all of your enclosures?

jpeck425

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Michigan
jlyoncc1 said:
What do you have in all of your enclosures?

This might take a minute, lol:
1.2 Sulcattas, 2.1.4 Marginateds, 0.0.5 Cherryhead Redfoots, 2.1 Forest Hingebacks, 0.1 Florida Box Turtle, 0.1 Hypo Florida Softshell, 2.0 Eastern Painted Turtles, 2.0 False Map Turtles, 0.0.1 Reeve's Turtle, 1.0 Ornate Horned Frog, 0.0.1 Albino Cranwell's Horned Frog, 0.1 Surinam Giant Cane Toad, 1.1 Barred Tiger Salamanders, 1.0 Savannah Monitor, 1.0 Green Iguana and I bring my Koi in for the winter :)

PS: 2 dogs & 4 cats

jpeck425

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Michigan
Jacqui said:
Okay, I want a basement too! :D

Lol, that's the deal Cathy and I have worked-out. I can do whatever I want down there and I agree that all of the critters do not invade other areas of the house :) Someday, I would love a walk-out basement. The Sulcattas get heavier each year to lug up the stairs. ;-)

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
I know I also think about lugging my sulcatas up each year. Good thing I have a bunch of kids to do it for me! LOL That's quite a collection you have.

bacaraj

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Biloxi,MS
Man I wish we could dig deeper than 3 feet before hitting water. That is a very impressive reptile room.

jpeck425

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Michigan
bacaraj said:
Man I wish we could dig deeper than 3 feet before hitting water. That is a very impressive reptile room.

Thanks, yeah I'm lucky the Michigan climate allows for basements. I forget sometimes that other states can't have them.

Be well
Jeff

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Nice Reptile room you have Jeff. Ah, basements what nice things they are. Here in CA you don't have many houses with basements. I miss that. Thanks for sharing your pics.

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
Updated pics would be lovely...along with closeups of whats in each :D

I love reptile rooms

M

Maggie Cummings

Would you mind if I moved in? That's really comfy looking. I just can't imagine having Sulcata in there tho. Especially a puddle of pee or the smell of poop. Your Sulcata must be fairly small? But I am impressed!

jpeck425

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Michigan
maggie3fan said:
Would you mind if I moved in? That's really comfy looking. I just can't imagine having Sulcata in there tho. Especially a puddle of pee or the smell of poop. Your Sulcata must be fairly small? But I am impressed!

Meg, I'll try and get some updated pics up soon. I'm going to be adding some more larger set-ups and expanding into another room. My little informal rescue seems to be getting more activity lately, with the bad economy. Thanks for your interest :) You must have been looking though older postings, I had forgotten about this one, lol.

Maggie, My Sulcattas are: Edgar - Male(approx 18"/ 35lbs), Stella - Female(approx 16"/ 20lbs), Shelly - Female(approx 10"/ undersized and deformed). I spot clean their habitat daily, so there is not any odor beyond the scent of the Marsh Grass substrate. They are outside all summer into fall. My wife is VERY understanding of my reptilian interests, but would not be if the habitats made our home unsanitary or smelly :)

Be well

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Wow!!!!!! I can only dream! I feel like going downstairs with a sledge hammer. I would get rid of the pool table and bar in a heartbeat. Amazing....you are so lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.