Reptile Depot - S.H.O.C.K.I.N.G

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stazz

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
I ordered an MVB and some other things that Tallula needs from these morons on the 29th August, pretty much 2 months ago. I've had my wonderful, extremely helpful friend Robyn (Crazy1) - who I owe so much to! - helping me SO much with calling them (the time difference is so large for me) as to why I haven't received that package, long story short - they have still yet to send it. The idiot Pedro who is the "shipping manager" lied to Robyn, as it was actually never ever sent out. I am just so so disgusted at their service. I've sent them hundreds of emails, to two different email addresses, and never received a reply. Maybe it because I live in Dubai, but you would expect them to welcome ANY freaking business in these times ! I am just so so mad, I'm going to be calling them to cancel my order, such a pity, not for me, but for Tallula :(

Please excuse my ranting, I just had to get it out !

reptylefreek

5 Year Member
Seatac, Washington
Thats understanding. I think if a business wants to call itself a business then it needs to conduct business like one. I would call them up and demand free shipping or I would cancel. Thats outageous. It does not take two months to get a shipment. Its the 21st century for f*** sake. I had to order a bearing kit for my truck not too long ago and I paid extra for shipping, when it didn't come on time I called everyday till they shipped a new set over night and gave us free t shirts. Then come to find out we got the whole thing for free. Thats a good business, owns up to its mistakes. You should be pissed. That good that Crazy1 is helping you. If you need some one to yell at them, send me a PM. I dont care if your joeschmoe you deserve at least good service.

Kadaan

5 Year Member
Irvine, CA
It took them a little over a week to finally mail my bulb out, but it was over the NARBC convention weekend so I gave them a little slack. Still, it shouldn't take more than a day or two to put something in the mail.

Stazz

5 Year Member
Thanks Jessica. I'm just feeling SO angry and rotten, for Tallula. My poor little girl is having NO luck living in this damn desert ! I'm more upset than anything else, and so shocked at how much they lied and actually never bothered to CALL me (they have THREE contact numbers of mine on the order form) to let me know what was going on, or anything. Its just nuts. COme tonight, they will have a SERIOUS peed of South African fire cracker on the phone giving them HELL !!!! You're right Jess, I will demand they send me the stuff for free, otherwise I'll go to the U.S newspapers about them. I'm not scared at all to do that. Kadaan, yeah exactly, I expected no longer than a week, but pretty much 2 months without a single word to me personally, absolutely disgusting.

Stazz

5 Year Member
LOL thanks !!!! I meant to say, ship them for free, I'd obviously pay for the other stuff, but I mean its crazy, they already took the payment off my credit card, sneaky little buggers!

reptylefreek

5 Year Member
Seatac, Washington
See I hate all this forum talk... I would be cussing my head off. I sound like a pissed trucker half the time. I am very nice on the phone until someone screws me. And that is very sneaky. Usually they dont take payment until the package has been delivered. Is it really hard getting reptile products sent to SA? Are you gonna try another site? And what time is it where you are right now?

Stazz

5 Year Member
I will see if we can try another site, not sure quite what to do. My fiance Nick is LIVID, just checked credit card online, and yep, the payment went off on the day I ordered it, will take some time to convince him to order from someone else lol. We're South African's, living in Dubai actually, and I was told (by reptile depot) that it will be 100% fine to ship to me here in the UAE. Pish posh as my Gran would say LOL. I was cussing on the phone to Nick now, so not happy ! But we'll sort something out, one way or another! Its almost 11am here :)

Shelly

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Southern California
Call your credit card company, and tell them you've been ripped off. You'll get your money back.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Aww I am sooo soooo sorry Stace!!!! It is very frustrating, they are idiots! I can't believe they took the payment even if the shipment is not sent yet!

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Stace, I sent you an PM re supplies for Tallula. I am so upset I have been talking on Stace's behalf for weeks to "Pedro" and then yesterday talked with another worker that "Pedro" told me to talk with Derick and Derick is the one who told me that the shippment had never been sent EVER, while Pedro was telling me it had been shipped Fed Ex then returned because of no zipcode, then sent USPS but was damaged and shipped back to reptiledepot and then sent back out, but he couldn't tell me when because his computer was down. This has been an utter nightmare, and it is not over yet. I plan on calling, in fact I just tried but they are not open unitl 1000 am CA time. I want to speak to the owner. Not the manager, shipping manager, but the owner. Stace is not the only one peeved. I don't like being lied to and I don't like their business practices, and I think the owner needs to know.

Let this be a WARNING to eveyone do not purchase from ReptileDepot unless you really don't want or care when your merchandise arrives.

Stazz

5 Year Member
Fantastic Robyn !!!! I just called them right now to speak to a manager, but he has not arrived yet, will try in another 10mins and give them serious HORNS ! I am so so angry, I don't even know what to say to them really ! I will keep you updated !

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
never bought from them online, but i have been into there store a few times, its in the next city over. They seem pretty small and seems like they would have trouble keeping up with the online demand. But like most of you guys said, its not an excuse, if you have a business, and plan to expand onto a online store expect a lot of shipping lol.. I hope you guys do get it figured out, its sad to see a business reputation go down the drain but hey if they want to play games they should expect it. Next time i stop by there i will let them know how there reputation is online.... i dont go there often though, ha. There store is pretty neat though, they have a lot of exotic animals,more then most.

Madortoise

5 Year Member
So sorry to hear about this Stace. Poor Tallula! You guys probably need to import everything you need.
You and Robyn can tell them that they are losing a lot of business from many people on this forum. We are going to boycott their business!!

Stazz

5 Year Member
Lol Thanks Mado !!! Robs, that is shocking hey, I wish I knew their business rating before !

Nick spoke to idiot Pedro last night, I couldn't talk as I would start swearing at them lol, so Nick spoke to him, and he said he gave it to another guy to ship, after he spoke to Robyn, and that the guy would email us the tracking number - lies, another freaking lie, as there is still no email from them. SO I will be calling them tonight, and letting rip like never before, I hate being messed around with and lied to, its my absolute worst ! SO watch this space kids !!!!!!! I have just had enough, no more !!!!

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Stace, I called about 11am and Pedro answered. I did not tell him who I was but asked to speak to the owner. He of course said he was not in. I then asked for his name, he only gave me his first name. I had to find out his whole name at the BBB. I asked when he would be in and he said he stop in whenever he wants too. No specific time. I asked to have him call me and gave him my work number and the time he could contact me. He asked what it was about and when I told him "I would just like to talk with him", he said the owner always wants to know what it is about. So I told him it was about his business practices and policies. Pedro didn't sound very happy. And I don't think I will ever get a call from Lawrence Martin. For all we know Mr Martin could be Pedro.
I think it may be a good time to contact your CC company and report them for not delivering the merchandice you ordered. Because I couldn't/wouldn't believe anything that came out of Pedros mouth.

Stazz

5 Year Member
I will call our CC company, thing is, that when we put the order through online....our bank called to see if they could authorize it, and we said yes, but that the Reptile Depot can only receive money once I get my package, the bank understood, and we still never received it. So Im not sure what to say, I guess its our fault we authorized it, but they just asked if we put it through ourselves, and that it wasn't someone else using our card. Hmph. I will call there tonight, and try and speak to someone else, NOT Pedro.

reptylefreek

5 Year Member
Seatac, Washington
This is so ridiculous... I cant believe someone is really screwing with you guys like this. I admit that online orders probably do get pretty hectic. I'm glad my parents petstore went under before everyone ordered online. We didn't take vacations as is, if we attempted this method of purchase we would've gone crazy. But it really isn't a good excuse for them. They are obligatged to send. If the company uses your clearing of the payment as excuse to say its your fault, you authorized, it's almost a police issue. Thats considered stealing or falsely selling something. Can some one physically go into this store and speak to someone. MILLERLITE... where are theseguys located? Like I said, this company should be catering to you at this point. Why would they be ducking around this so bad? It's one light bulb!

Stazz

5 Year Member
Yeah the thing is, this guys Pedro lies so much, that I know I mustn't speak to him, but he can also pretend he is someone else when I ask for someone. I asked for the manager of the store, and he came online, I guess Nick was too nice to him. I will play hardball. It's just hard for me to tell the difference in the accent, so I don't know who I'll really be speaking to. Hmph. Can only try again, I'll keep you guys posted. Maybe I need Rich's help with this one !!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.