Rehoming

Lelandfishback1

Location (City and/or State)
Saint George
I have two healthy 18 month old sulcata tortoises to re-home. I live in southern Utah in the deseret, but I am learning that it gets too cold here for the little guys at night. If I can find a good home in Nevada or Arizona, I can bring them to you. I go to visit family often in Nevada and Arizona. There is no charge for the tortouses or for the deliveryPS. I just want them to go to a good home.
The little guys love to dig, and sleep in their burrow at night. Myrtle and Arnold will come when you call them for meal time, especially if its romaine lettuce.

Thanks, Leland

Lelandfishback1

Saint George
Thanks, your observations are true. These baby tortoises were given to us, and we figured it was ideal here where we lived.
We discovered that here in the desert southwest we are 20 miles too far north for them to live comfortably during the winter. That is why we will only give them to a new home in the Las Vegas or Phoenix areas of the country.
Thanks, Leland

Lelandfishback1

Saint George
Wow, great information.
The one thing that I wish I had known before we took in the Sulcata tortoises was that they don't hibernate. That changes changes their housing requirements considerably.
I now can better educate others on the needs of Sulcata tortoises.
Thanks for your help, Leland

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Are you selling or adopting out?
You do not meet the requirements to sell on this forum