RedFoot Tortoise Stirfry

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyler0912

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Blackburn, U.K.
Well here in england its called a stirfry dunnoo about anywhere else,
In our supermarket they sell ready made stirfry mixes i got my mother to pic me one up today to try it out it cinsists off.'Green cabbage,Red cabbage,red onion,beansprouts,carrot,yellow pepper,green pepper,red pepper! (i wont feed it the onion im not sure why theyre' not aloud it i just know THERE NOT!)
is this okay...i of course wont just feed this mix it with some fruit/weeds...but overall does this sound okay??? picture below of the stirfry vegetable package and what the vegatables are suppose to turn into!
Thank-you !
:rolleyes:
:rolleyes:

Attachments

• stirfry.jpg
    stirfry.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 40
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 34

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
Sounds good to me, even with the onions... if they eat them.

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
There is really no reason for a lot of the 'do not use this' foods you see listed that humans can eat. Most tortoises do not like onions, and they are a bit high in sulfur and some other things, but are perfectly OK in balanced portions in a varied diet.

Heck, even Iceberg lettuce can have a role in a healthy diet. It is a GREAT food to offer after the tort has cleaned off his plate of the healthy stuff and is still hungry, or to offer a lighter meal after a big meal the day before, or even to balance off a high-calcium food item (like collard greens). Similar comments can be made for spinach, kale, cabbage, and many other things that are on some people's 'bad food' list.

tyler0912

5 Year Member
Blackburn, U.K.
i feed iceburg every so often i meen how bad can it be i understand if you use it as a staple diet but i dont! sooo...
Thank-you all soooooooo much!

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
tyler0912 said:
i feed iceburg every so often i meen how bad can it be i understand if you use it as a staple diet but i dont! sooo...
Thank-you all soooooooo much!

Ice burg doesn't have a lot of Nutrition so the tort is not getting anything out of it its better not to feed it feed something that has more giving him a little every now an then would hurt him :)

Status
Not open for further replies.