redfoot-tears!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasso2

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
hello guys! what does it mean when my red-foots look like they are crying or normal since they're more tropical/forest type of tort? infection? ps (they're babies)

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arkansas
They are being kept too dry. Redfoots kept in too dry conditions often appear to have tears in their eyes. How do you have them setup? Pics? Temps?

jasso2

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
sorry i have no usb to post pics but ill get one this week coming up. thanks so much for the advice. so should i kinda pour water in there tub to keep it moist?

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
I would suggest you get a spray bottle to mist the enclosure. In addition give it a terra cotti plant saucer for water dish (width about 1.5 the carapace length) and make a humid hide. What are you using as substrat? I suggest a 50/50 mix of sphagum moss and hardwood mulch or cypress mulch with 100 % sphagum moss in hide. You want the substrat damp not soaking wet, so dumping water in is not a good idea. I find by using terra cotta, the water will slowing leach out and help with dampening the substrat.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Just remember you don't want that Terra cotta to be sealed or glazed. then the water will not leach out.

Status
Not open for further replies.