Redfoot help

Riverskybay

I also need help
I am a fairly new owner of a redfoot. And I have no idea what I am doing? I just got my right foot for Christmas and I don't know what I am doing. She's hiding in her most of the day and hardly ever eat. but very active when I bring her outside in the garden.

tortdad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NW Houston TX
I also need help
I am a fairly new owner of a redfoot. And I have no idea what I am doing? I just got my right foot for Christmas and I don't know what I am doing. She's hiding in her most of the day and hardly ever eat. but very active when I bring her outside in the garden.

You'd be better off to start your own thread. More people will see it and help. I have Redfoots and can help. I'll send you a message but star by making your own thread and be sure to post pictures of your tort, the enclosure, and any lights and heating equipment you have.

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
Great Redfoot care sites are
TortoiseLibrary.com
Turtletary.com Redfoot Caresheet

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
I see someone took your comment and started a new thread for you.

Post up pics and we can start to help

Twiggz

5 Year Member
N. Ca
I used the turtletary care sheet that Kathyth posted above and had zero issues with my young ones.

What age (or how big) is your RF? When they are young they do hide a lot. As they grow they get more out going.

Turtlepete

South Florida
Where in the country do you live? I'm assuming somewhere south if the temp's are appropriate to be bringing the tortoise out during the day. The best thing for you to do would be post pic's of your enclosure, tortoise, and describe your overall husbandry practices (i.e., soaking, what you feed, temperature and humidity of enclosure, etc..) That way if there is anything wrong the members here can help you out with it. ;)

If your tortoise is a hatchling, or around 6 months old, then hiding all day is to be expected. Hardly eating is worrisome however and is possibly indicative of improper humidity/temps. Young red's eat best with high temps around 82-ish and the highest humidity you can achieve (80%-90% is best.)