L

LasTortugasNinja

Babies yes.
My adults also hide for hours...Even days when it's too hot or too sunny.
While I will agree that I have a bit of Redfoot knowledge and a lot of experience with them, I have very little experience with housing them inside.
In fact, if I didn't have my outdoors enclosures, I'd get out of the hobby altogether.
I take my hat off to anyone attempting to keep a tortoise indoors
My tortoise has indoor and outdoor enclosures... so do I just warrant a tip of the cap? ;)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
My tortoise has indoor and outdoor enclosures... so do I just warrant a tip of the cap? ;)
No silly. When you take your tortoise inside, he'll take his hat off for you. Then, when you take your tortoise back outside the next day, he'll quickly put his hat back on.

Man... Do I really have to explain these things...

L

LasTortugasNinja

No silly. When you take your tortoise inside, he'll take his hat off for you. Then, when you take your tortoise back outside the next day, he'll quickly put his hat back on.

Man... Do I really have to explain these things...
Well, that's still more respect than I usually get, so I'll take it! ;)

abigailfitz

Pennsylvania
My suggestions weren't an "I've done this already" type of suggestion, where you try it once and move on. It's something you continue doing all day long, every day until you condition the tortoise.

Yep i’ve done this for three weeks and there’s not even the slightest improvement otherwise I wouldn’t have looked to the forum for suggestions

William Lee Kohler

5 Year Member
Eugene, OR
Personally don't agree that it's too bright. The near side is practically dark. When I have problem eaters I set them in front of their food early, late, midday, after bath. Try sitting food right at entrance to hide place. Also hold and give more familiarity with my vibrations and presence not being a threat. Probably a boy and doesn't like being called a girl:confused:.