Status
Not open for further replies.

lvstorts

10 Year Member!
Hi all,
I have the following rescues available to go for good homes:

Photos here: http://s1301.beta.photobucket.com/user/lvstorts/library/

Redfoot #1 and #2 (both female):
Both #1 and #2 came from the same place. Raised from hatchlings, 13 years old. Fed a diet of pet store tortoise food that looks like dehydrated Trix and contains 35% protein and the rest filler, fruits given, kept in extremely dry conditions on animal bedding with no traction so claws are overgrown and muscles are lagging in development. No source of uva/uvb. Heat source provided and bathed weekly. In summer, both torts would be let into the yard fairly regularly. Both have pyramiding, and are a bit rough looking! I’ve had them for 2 months now and I feel they are in general good health, very social and curious. TLC and proper care will make all the difference!

These gals are huge! #1 is 15 pounds and #2 is 12 pounds.

#2 has an overgrown lower jaw, when I received her it was over her nose. I'm continuing to work on it. I don’t see a deformity; I believe it was just allowed to get out of hand. Will take some time to get back to normal. She’s surprisingly cooperative!

Russian: This gal came to me recently. The owner had her for a year and a half, said the previous owner said she was 3 years at the time (total 4.5 years...not sure how correct it is). Kept in glass, coco coir substrate but smooth bottom so no traction, overgrown claws and lacking muscle development. Diet was pet store tortoise pellets, grassland tortoise food, and vegetables. No uva/uvb. Heat source provided. Water available but not big enough for her to get into. No baths. She’s a really nice gal. I put her into the yard to take pictures of and she’s raring to go! I think she’ll be fine with proper care!

I don't make any money from rescues but do ask for a donation so I can keep doing it. I'm willing to ship (at your expense) but won't for at least another month due to the cold weather. I would prefer pick up of the Redfoots locally because they are so big. I'm in Eastern, WA. I'll be at the Renton Reptile Show in May. Pick up can be there as well.

If you are interested in any of them, please pm me. I do have to work a job that pays in money so it may be a couple days before I get back to you. I'll consider applications in order they are received.

clairebun

5 Year Member
Hello,
I would be interested in your Russian tortoise. We have 2 males who we have had for 10 years (Jammy and Marmite are their names). They have an outdoor and indoor home. I actually brought them with me from the UK (came on the plane) so you can imagine how much they mean to me.

I feed them on plants/ flowers never dried shop bought food. They have access to heat lamps and water at all times.

I would be more than happy to pay for shipment of her. My boys are awake as I stopped hibernating them a couple of years ago so any time is ok.

Have you had her checked at the animal hospital for worms and parasites?

We live in Illinois.

Thanks

dustee35

10 Year Member!
I am very interested in adopting both of your redfoots. I will give them an excellent home. I have a couple already so I am familiar with their care already. They are inside my house in a big enclosure and outside in the summer in a huge pen. Let me know. I would pay for shipping and the donation fee. Deanna

lvstorts

10 Year Member!
I'm happy to report the Russian is on the way to a new home!

dustee35 said:
I am very interested in adopting both of your redfoots. I will give them an excellent home. I have a couple already so I am familiar with their care already. They are inside my house in a big enclosure and outside in the summer in a huge pen. Let me know. I would pay for shipping and the donation fee. Deanna

Deanna,
Thanks for the interest. Both are still available. Please PM me and we'll go from there.

theresal

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Terrytown,LA
I see you have someone interested in the red foots. If they change their mind, I would be interested. I live in the New Orleans area and we have the perfect climate here. Just let me know. I just hope they get a great home.

lvstorts

10 Year Member!
theresal said:
I see you have someone interested in the red foots. If they change their mind, I would be interested. I live in the New Orleans area and we have the perfect climate here. Just let me know. I just hope they get a great home.

Thanks for the interest. No decisions have been made yet and I'd love to start you on the vetting process. Please send me a PM and we'll go from there. Thanks again.

lvstorts

10 Year Member!
I'm happy to report both Redfoots have arrived in their new home! Thanks everyone for the amount of inquiries I received. I'm confident both will be happy and healthy with their new Redfoot buddies and owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.