redfoot acting funny

BobbyJ

Hello I've had my redfoot for about 5 months . After having a million issues I finnaly got everything going good ( humidity heat etc ) I have him in a closed chamber enclosute . I recently went on vacation and left him with a friend who said he ate daily , he was able to go outside for an hour a day and was soaked daily for 15 min . Is that he's home , he seems very timid again and isn't really eating as aggressively as he usually did and he seems to always be sleeping alll the way in his shel , where he used to sleep with his head out .. Any thoughts on the weird behavior ? It's like he is shy all over again .

tortdad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NW Houston TX
When your friend watched him.... Did he come to your place and keep your tort in his usually enclosure or did you pack your guy up and take him to your buddy in a temporary enclosure? He could just be stressed from movement if the latter is the case.

BobbyJ

When your friend watched him.... Did he come to your place and keep your tort in his usually enclosure or did you pack your guy up and take him to your buddy in a temporary enclosure? He could just be stressed from movement if the latter is the case.
Yeah I put him in a smaller temporary encloaure I'm thinking your right

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
Yeah I put him in a smaller temporary encloaure I'm thinking your right
Torts absolutely hate change and stress easy. Just keep an eye on him and he should adjust back to normal and hopefully, since he's familiar with his surrounds, comes around faster than last time.

I'm getting to take my torts to my buddy house too so I know they are going to freak out. The only thing I can say is my buddy is a member here and has plenty of tort experience so I know they'll be in good hands.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
He is probably readjusting again. I say this over and over again. Moves can stress them our. I would give him some time.

BobbyJ

Torts absolutely hate change and stress easy. Just keep an eye on him and he should adjust back to normal and hopefully, since he's familiar with his surrounds, comes around faster than last time.

I'm getting to take my torts to my buddy house too so I know they are going to freak out. The only thing I can say is my buddy is a member here and has plenty of tort experience so I know they'll be in good hands.
Yeah it really did make a difference but hopefully he gets to normal fast . Thank you for your help

BobbyJ

I'm glad you decided to keep him, Bobby.
Yeah decided not to sell him he's doing good now , pretty sure it's just that being moved around stressed him out .. I might be buying a leopard tortoise later on today

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
I'm looking for a few more yearling Redfoot myself. I wish Craigslist in my area had as many of them as Eds area.