Red or yellow at the pet store?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Columbia, SC
So I saw this little guy (gal?) at the mom n pop pet store. I know it's housed on recycled newspaper but it's amazingly non pyramided and active.

So, I have Rosie who is a redfoot and shows it with orangish red head and leg scales. This one, while listed as a redfoot does not have any red on it so I'm wondering if it may be a yellowfoot instead?

I know you can't see the nose scute due to the brightness of the light over it. Was trying to take a quick phone picture when the employee walked away for a minute.

theelectraco

5 Year Member
Looks like a red foot to me. They don't have to have red on them always, sometimes it more orange. I can't believe they are using that substrate! I would def have said something.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
I've suggested using the coco coir that they sell. The pet store person who typically is there is the one I rescued a gerbil off of and is starting to recognize me so hoping if I bring in a care sheet they won't be off put since I'm just trying to help.

Oh, and his food was shriveled up lettuce/carrot mix. My boyfriend goes, want a second tort? But I told him they'd just replace him with yet another in the same conditions... 6 months ago he used to be on moss (but housed with 2 sulcatas) so I don't know why they changed it.

Michael in MO

5 Year Member
that's a great looking set up (for a mom n pop pet store). I've seen much worse and I would have no problem leaving the tort there for someone else to rescue..

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
I think their water dish is too small and they shouldn't use pelleted paper for bedding but otherwise they have a powersun bulb and fake plants, which is good. I just worry about dehydration.

Michael in MO

5 Year Member
RosieRedfoot said:
I think their water dish is too small and they shouldn't use pelleted paper for bedding but otherwise they have a powersun bulb and fake plants, which is good. I just worry about dehydration.

hello how did this wash out??

Status
Not open for further replies.