Status
Not open for further replies.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SW Forida
jrcrist4 said:
Very cool. What type of weed mix did you use?

None at all, all natural. There are two weeds i hand pick out, unsure what the names are, torts do not eat them! About six months of growth with good irrigation and this is what happens.....!

LuckysGirl007 said:
Do you keep any hatchlings for yourself?

Only if they have an issue or something unique or very special. We have held some back for additional growth with the intentions of selling them in a couple of years.

Yellow Turtle said:
Very nice enclosure for the hatchlings.

Greg, I would like to have a question. How many times and how long you turn on the water sprayer in a day? Is it okay for the hatchling to get wet a lot?

Great question.

* The little inground sprinkler you see in the hatchling pen is part of my entire auto irrigation system, however i have a inline ball valve that i can completely turn that one off if desired. I have the timer set for two days a week for ten minutes during the dry season. That particular nozzle is also adjusted to about half volume so the water spray is directed only within the pen.

* This section is set to run during the mid day, the hatchlings are usually under the shade/ house part which was designed not to get wet. Actually the aldabras enjoy the mist and often come out for the event.

Julius25 said:
great realisation !!! a paradise for mini-aldabra !!!
Congrats, i wish you to beat the record :D

Good chance, it has been a great breeding season!

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Indonesia
ALDABRAMAN said:
Yellow Turtle said:
Very nice enclosure for the hatchlings.

Greg, I would like to have a question. How many times and how long you turn on the water sprayer in a day? Is it okay for the hatchling to get wet a lot?

Great question.

* The little inground sprinkler you see in the hatchling pen is part of my entire auto irrigation system, however i have a inline ball valve that i can completely turn that one off if desired. I have the timer set for two days a week for ten minutes during the dry season. That particular nozzle is also adjusted to about half volume so the water spray is directed only within the pen.

* This section is set to run during the mid day, the hatchlings are usually under the shade/ house part which was designed not to get wet. Actually the aldabras enjoy the mist and often come out for the event.

Great to know more, thanks Greg.

Only a bit confused because I see in the picture no door or connection to some shady area or house part. So I thought that you deliberately want to wet them periodically.

I should try to find an automatic mister for pet, but they are pretty rare here in my country.

Status
Not open for further replies.