Not open for further replies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I noticed that there are several forum members who have recently acquired leopard tortoise hatchlings. Besides reading what Jerry Fife has to say about leopard tortoises, here is a very good site by Vicki Hale about raising hatchlings. She writes from experience and her care sheet is current:

http://tortoiseyard.com/leopard_tortoise_hatchling_care.htm

terracolson

5 Year Member
Sacramento
This is the site that made me question my current care

I just planted some baby kale the other day!!! I am so excited!!

jblayza

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
San Antonio, TX
Thanks for the link. Now I'm thinkin my tort doesn't use his humid hid because the top is covered. Judging by her set up it looks like little boogers love the humid side under the basking area. Maybe i'll try removing the hide and just placing moist sphagnum moss in one corner of the hot side.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Very good site Yvonne. I like the simplicity of her words and would be extremely easy for someone to understand the proper way to take care of a baby. Very good idea to post it. :)

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
I think I need to bump this thread back to the front of the forum so Yvonne can address the problem jblayza's torts are having with boogers.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Stephanie...you're just too funny! I always get a few laughs when I read your posts. Well, there are a couple others who make me laugh too. This is such a great group of people.

Status
Not open for further replies.