Questions, washing Roses for Sheldon and heating pad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaisyDuke

10 Year Member!
I have two questions. :)
My first question is, I have some roses that might have had chemicals sprayed on them. Is there a way I can wash them? Since I am unsure of whether or not anything was sprayed on them it's probably best not to give him any but just in case there was something I can do, I wanted to ask.

My other question is about heating pads. The one I have is just a plastic sheet with an adhesive side. It doesn't get very hot. Maybe a "luke" warm mostly around where the cord meets the pad. There is no temperature dial. I was wondering, is this normal? Should I take it back?

Edna

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Rawlins, Wyoming
Roses: If they were grown somewhere other than at your own place, so you know exactly what they have been treated with, don't feed. Roses are treated with systemic pesticides, so washing it off wouldn't be a possibility. Why take a chance?
Heat pad: Mine like that gets really hot. If it's a choice, take it back. It must be defective.

DaisyDuke

10 Year Member!
Thats pretty much what I thought, on both questions. Thank you so much for confirming. :D
I really hope the pet store takes the heating pad back.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
I so agree with TortyQueen, Do not risk it, do not feed. The heating pad might be industry standard, as they do not get as hot as they use too.

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
I agree with TortyQueen on the Roses, not worth taking a chance if you don't know. You can buy a bare root one in the spring and grow a new one this way you can be sure. My babies love the new red growth of the leaves, they munch it down like it's candy! So I am always chopping at my bush so I can get new growth.

Edna

5 Year Member
Rawlins, Wyoming
Torty Mom said:
I agree with TortyQueen on the Roses, not worth taking a chance if you don't know. You can buy a bare root one in the spring and grow a new one this way you can be sure. My babies love the new red growth of the leaves, they munch it down like it's candy! So I am always chopping at my bush so I can get new growth.

I'm going to try the bare root next spring. Our grocery had mini-roses that were very tempting, but I was afraid they'd die before I would feel they were safe to eat.

Status
Not open for further replies.