Questions. (can I have a Greek tort in France?)

Teesh

Okay so my turtle was given to me by my uncle who got two tortoises and's and bread them. He Will be in France and so will I so he will give them to me there I want to know if Greek tortoises are allowed in France because I'm a little bit confused and I don't know if the gift is Legal because I didn't sign any papers. What do I do!

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
Okay so my turtle was given to me by my uncle who got two tortoises and's and bread them. He Will be in France and so will I so he will give them to me there I want to know if Greek tortoises are allowed in France because I'm a little bit confused and I don't know if the gift is Legal because I didn't sign any papers. What do I do!
I'm not I. France so I don't know. Best thing to do would be to check with the ministry of agriculture. But don't use yourself as a reference. Just "hypothetically" ask the questions out of "curiosity" and don't say" it's for me"."Going to do this"." Is this safe". You know what I mean but hypothetically ask the questions? You should be ok though, there are some French members here that have tortoises. They haven't been on in a while though.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
We have several members living in France who keep Mediterranean tortoises. I'm pretty sure its legal there to keep them.