Questionnnn

DrSpurred

Location (City and/or State)
Lambertville, NJ USA
So I. Was just wondering when Galileo will start getting bigger? Do Sulcatas go through growth spurts? If so what age?

Bambam1989

East Texas
So I. Was just wondering when Galileo will start getting bigger? Do Sulcatas go through growth spurts? If so what age?
Hello.
Do you weigh Galileo weekly?
Can you remind us how old he is and how long you have had him?
Growth varies from tort to tort. Some steadily grow, others will have spurts.
Mine is almost 4 months old. I keep a record of mines growth and he seems to be one of the "steady growers" so far.

DrSpurred

Lambertville, NJ USA
Hello.
Do you weigh Galileo weekly?
Can you remind us how old he is and how long you have had him?
Growth varies from tort to tort. Some steadily grow, others will have spurts.
Mine is almost 4 months old. I keep a record of mines growth and he seems to be one of the "steady growers" so far.

He is 60g, and I'm not sure how old he is. I bought him offline. I doubt he is older than a year. IMG_0265.jpg

Bambam1989

East Texas
He is 60g, and I'm not sure how old he is. I bought him offline. I doubt he is older than a year. View attachment 226430
I believe you recently corrected some issues with his enclosure, that and a varied diet, you will probably see new growth within a couple of weeks. Watch for new growth lines between the scutes, a sulcatas new growth will be very dark.
I weigh my tort once a week, sometimes there is no major gain, others are HUGE.

Is there anything you want to discuss about diet, enclosure, and etc?

Bambam1989

East Texas
Give me a few minutes and I will try to edit a photo to point out EXACTLY what I mean otherwise it can be confusing to explain.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
If things are done correctly, you should see steady growth from the time they hatch. Sometimes there do seem to be growth spurts, but those can happen at any time when conditions and diet are right.