Question

dsgncore

Location (City and/or State)
Jakarta
(split off from Mrnewbery's thread about Burmese stars)

What is the difference between this and indian star? Mine is like 2 months old and its not very active, it sleeps all the time and i literally have to wake it up to eat. Are yours like that when they are still hatchlings?

TriciaStringer

5 Year Member
Louisiana
What is the difference between this and indian star? Mine is like 2 months old and its not very active, it sleeps all the time and i literally have to wake it up to eat. Are yours like that when they are still hatchlings?
Hi! You may want to start you own thread asking advice. We are going to want to see your tortoises enclosure to make sure everything is set up to help your tortoise thrive (search “closed chamber”). The main thing is to make sure your tortoise is warm enough. That’s a big reason for sleeping all the time. Also, make sure you are soaking him daily in warm water. I’ll keep an eye out for your own post.

dsgncore

Jakarta
Hi! You may want to start you own thread asking advice. We are going to want to see your tortoises enclosure to make sure everything is set up to help your tortoise thrive (search “closed chamber”). The main thing is to make sure your tortoise is warm enough. That’s a big reason for sleeping all the time. Also, make sure you are soaking him daily in warm water. I’ll keep an eye out for your own post.
Hello there

I'm sorry i have him for a month now not 2 months. I live in jakarta indonesia, and it is very humid in here, my torts live indoors ( i also have a redfoot and i put them in separate enclosures). I never measure the temps in my house but i can assume it's around 28-30°C and will drop to 26°C at night with no AC around that area. I have a UVB + UVA bulb for 12 hours, Louie really loves basking around that area too. I soak all my torts twice a day, every single day and take them out in the morning for sunbathing.

The only thing that concerns me that i have to wake him up most of time, and he eats a little then he goes back to sleep. Sometimes he even goes to sleep when he eats. Is it because he still a hatchling? My RF is totally different though cause he's like 6 months old ( weigh 135 grams and Louie is 25 grams ).

Thanks and oh i meant to create my own thread but i usually search similar problems within this forum first and i came acrross your thread showing these beautiful torts [emoji4]20190108_173944.jpeg

mrnewberry

5 Year Member
N.W. Arkansas
Hello there

I'm sorry i have him for a month now not 2 months. I live in jakarta indonesia, and it is very humid in here, my torts live indoors ( i also have a redfoot and i put them in separate enclosures). I never measure the temps in my house but i can assume it's around 28-30°C and will drop to 26°C at night with no AC around that area. I have a UVB + UVA bulb for 12 hours, Louie really loves basking around that area too. I soak all my torts twice a day, every single day and take them out in the morning for sunbathing.

The only thing that concerns me that i have to wake him up most of time, and he eats a little then he goes back to sleep. Sometimes he even goes to sleep when he eats. Is it because he still a hatchling? My RF is totally different though cause he's like 6 months old ( weigh 135 grams and Louie is 25 grams ).

Thanks and oh i meant to create my own thread but i usually search similar problems within this forum first and i came acrross your thread showing these beautiful torts [emoji4]View attachment 261692

A new thread about your tortoise would probably get you more help. I haven't kept Indian stars. But, if I were to guess I would think increasing the humidity and making sure that the temp doesn't go below 80F would be helpful. There is a pinned thread at the top of the page for Indian star owners that may be helpful.