Status
Not open for further replies.

Tccarolina

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
Here's the link.

http://www.tortoiseforum.org/Thread-Greeks-for-the-New-Year#axzz1uxpIzL8G

So do you currently consider these tortoises to be Mid-East Goldens, or do you think they are Libyan?

I came across the thread in a google search, and they look a lot like Libyans. Actually, I identify a lot with what Oswego Tort Lover said, that the three females were Libyan, and the male was from the Mid-East.
I don't speak from a knowledge of the subject, just that the pics of Libyan tortoises I've seen show extensive flecking in a very pretty mosaic pattern, as yours do. The Mid East golden greeks always seem to show pure yellow back ground with dots, pure yellow background with dots and the greek "C", or occasionally patternless. Also, some may have a dark "greasy" spotting mixed in, but not the flecking yours show.

Also, the females look huge in the pictures, are they? They really are beautiful tortoises.

Steve

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
Several with much more knowledge than us considered them "Golden Greeks", probably from the Mid-East. The females were huge!! I very regretfully traded them away. Someday I would like to get them back and may get the chance!! It was the dumbest thing I have done, with regards to tortoises!! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.