question about housing 2 torts together

Status
Not open for further replies.

silvergsx

5 Year Member
Well since the weather is turning cold ive had my sully inside. Well tonight I went with a friend to a vendor where he buys his animals and such for his store. Ive know this guy for a couple years now. He new I had a birthday a few weeks back so he says pick something. So he has a few redfoots I picked a larger one prob 12 or 13 inches long. Im wondering if she can be housed with my sully during the winter?

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
USA
Hi,
It's not a good idea to keep those 2 species together as they have very different enclosure requirements. This website will give you a good idea of how your new Redfoot should be set-up. http://www.redfoots.com/redfoot.htm

Danny

bllauben

5 Year Member
Marine City, Michigan
What breed and what size is Sully? If Sully is a redfoot around the same size, I see no problem.

If they are two different species, forget it. If your new tort is considerablly larger than Sully, forget it. If the new tort is bigger, I would be worried that she could accidentally crush Sully if she is too small. Cross species coinhabitation could lead to species specific diseases being transmitted to the other tort.

Marty333

10 Year Member!
Winter Springs, Florida A quaint little town near
bllauben said:
What breed and what size is Sully? If Sully is a redfoot around the same size, I see no problem.

If they are two different species, forget it. If your new tort is considerablly larger than Sully, forget it. If the new tort is bigger, I would be worried that she could accidentally crush Sully if she is too small. Cross species coinhabitation could lead to species specific diseases being transmitted to the other tort.

Sully stands for Sulcata

bllauben

5 Year Member
Marine City, Michigan
Sorry about that. Guess the caffiene has not reached my brain just yet. Time to go make another pot. I deserve it after last night at work!

Status
Not open for further replies.