• Buy Feeders

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Redfootedboxturtles

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hey I figured this is the best forum to post this. I wanted to know do you guys buy feeders or grow your own?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Redfootedboxturtles said:
Hey I figured this is the best forum to post this. I wanted to know do you guys buy feeders or grow your own?

I usually dump a couple tubs of red worms into a 5 gallon bucket of leaves, but because I have so many turtles to feed, I end up buying more than I can harvest. I also buy night crawlers and pin head crickets.

Yvonne

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
I couldn't vote because I do both (or am TRYING to). I buy crickets, but I'm trying to raise cockroaches to save money (as well as save my sanity, I hate those dang crickets!) Ideally I'd move over to all cockroaches raised by me, and NO crickets, in the future!

tortoise_addict

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I breed my own dubias, superworms and mealworms. I absolutely hate crickets. I only feed crix to hatchlings that will not eat roaches, baby supers, hornworms, silkworms or phoenix worms.
I also sell feeders so I usually make a large weekly order of 10000 crix, 5000 supers, 1000 waxworms and whatever else is on the menu that week.
I am trying to get out of it but I have clients that rely on me to get them feeders.
Its a pain to raise your own and with 50+ dragons there is not a lot of time to devote to it.

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
In the spring I dumped a tub each red worms in each indoor enclosure for rfs, na woodies, ca wood, and boxies. This fall when cleaning/upgrading, I found thriving colonies of worms in these enclosures along with sweet substrat. I am thinking of raising silkworms for my bluetongues.

Status
Not open for further replies.