Quartz Heater

Status
Not open for further replies.

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southwest Washington
yeah, and you can also elevate the actual Igloo on some pavers and a layer of something like Reflectix Insulation, buy by the roll in various sizes and Home Depot or Lowes, not much for a small roll.

chairman

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Mississippi
Keep an eye on that ceramic heater, they are greater fire hazards than the oil-filled variety.

I use one of the oil filled radiator heaters in my shed. I have it turned to the 1500 watt setting and max out the thermostat. I have it plugged in to an outlet that is controlled by a baseboard thermostat rated to handle the load. When the temp at the thermostat is above X degrees there's no power running to the heater, when it is below X degrees there is power so my heater can run. I have to adjust X to get the floor temp where I want it. They do sell specialized thermostats that will do the same thing, I just made my own because I knew how to do it safely and it only cost me $20 in materials.

Texastort

10 Year Member!
Yeah, I definitely will keep an eye on it. I have it secured and if it tips over it shuts off. I liked the oil ones but my tort house isn't tall enough or big enough. So far this has been a pretty affordable option.

Status
Not open for further replies.