Pyramiding

anthonyludo8

5 Year Member
Hey everybody , I just wanted to get some pointers to see if my sullys shell looks like it's pyramiding . I don't think it is , I'd jus rather be safe than sorry . It's tough in these cold Philly winters to keep the temps where they should b , but so far they've been perfect . I'm always so paranoid about my little guy so it's nice to have a forum like this to either point out my errors or relieve some stress lol !
ImageUploadedByTortForum1385909477.271007.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Zamric

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
The Crystal Unicorn
what kind of enclosure do you have? is it covered? What are your temps? High heat and High Humidity are easier to maintain in a covered enclosure.

anthonyludo8

5 Year Member
Zamric said:
what kind of enclosure do you have? is it covered? What are your temps? High heat and High Humidity are easier to maintain in a covered enclosure.

I have a covered enclosure I keep the humidity between 70-80% and the ambient temperature between 80-85 degrees . The basking temp around 100

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
The first growth line looks a little elevated, but the second one looks good. Was he started dry, and then you moved him into a more appropriate enclosure?

anthonyludo8

5 Year Member
Tom said:
The first growth line looks a little elevated, but the second one looks good. Was he started dry, and then you moved him into a more appropriate enclosure?

Yes , at first I had him in an enclosure with a screen top which was hard to trap the humidity . Now he's in a closed chamber where the humidity has been good