Pyramiding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seiryu

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SE Michigan
http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=50&de=699759

Saw these on Kingsnake (the guy i'm going with just said to keep checking and he should have some ready soon), as he isn't always available to call.

So I saw those. The top picture shows one that is really bumpy. At 7" I didnt think they got that bumpy. I do know leopards don't get the flattest shells as they grow, but I didnt think that bumpy at that young of age.

Are they pyramided?

**Note: these are NOT from the guy im going with!

Frankiesauce

5 Year Member
Seiryu said:
http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=50&de=699759

Saw these on Kingsnake (the guy i'm going with just said to keep checking and he should have some ready soon), as he isn't always available to call.

So I saw those. The top picture shows one that is really bumpy. At 7" I didnt think they got that bumpy. I do know leopards don't get the flattest shells as they grow, but I didnt think that bumpy at that young of age.

Are they pyramided?

**Note: these are NOT from the guy im going with!

They are slightly but nothing that can't be fixed with the right diet! Have a look at my post please I'm in need :S

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
They are pyramiding. That tortoise is a few years old.. Someone will buy him

terrypin

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Jersey C.I.
that is awful that poor animal is in a terrible state and i cant believe they expect to recieve money for it.at that size you will never see much improvement to its shape and may experience some problems in the future.in their defence it is oh so easy to get diet and conditions wrong with leopards and it is very difficult to grow them from hatchlings a smooth more natural shape.even in the wild leopards often show some degree of pyramidding so obviously this is difficult to avoid in a captive environment.they need a good high fibre diet of coarse weeds and grasses from the start,and lots of exercise to help them grow strong muscles to carry around the heavy animal hey should become.also first and foremost access to good quality uvb preferably from the sunshine.
terry

Status
Not open for further replies.