Pyramiding??

Status
Not open for further replies.

johanna

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fargo, ND
After seeing many pictures of other peoples pancake tortoises, I have been questioning whether mine is pyramiding or not. Hes shell isnt smooth like the others look like. He is still young so maybe that is it. It is very textured. I wouldnt say the scutes are high, but they are bumpy and there are ridges leading to the tops of them. Hard to explain in words. Hopefully these pics help show what I'm talking about. Let me know what you think.
Thanks
Heidi009.jpg

Heidi008.jpg

Heidi007.jpg

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
Your Pancake looks very good. It has minimal pyramiding. The ones you see that are all very flat are imports. It is very difficult to get a captive raised tortoise to look like a wild caught animal.

FLVenom

5 Year Member
South Florida
dalano73 said:
I agree very minimal ..

I agree, very minimal at best. Try to mist the shell daily and soak often and it *might* help it out. I'll get some photos of some yearling Pancakes that a friend of mine had that are very pyramided. He kept them WAY to dry as neonates and now the result, a very bumpy looking animal.

Jacob

5 Year Member
California
He looks good, slightly but you can fix that since hes still young!

johanna

5 Year Member
Fargo, ND
I never thought about spraying him. I do put him in his water dish every other day. he just lays there with his head under water. He loves to soak his head. Then he poops and hes done :) He seems very active and healthy. I feed a ton of different types of greens, uvb (except he usually hides so its just on for no reason), and time outside in the sun. I hope hes healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.