Pyramiding!

MamaJ

Location (City and/or State)
Uk
Hi, I’m new to the group and I’ve recently just gotten a beautiful tort for my daughter aged 28 but I’m sure he/she is slightly pyramiding??
He/she is 15 months old and the breeder told us to keep the area around his uva/b light at 85f which we are totally managing. Bathing everyday in warm water and eating a diet of fresh leaves and seems lovely and happy ?
I have put a picture up of when we first got which was 2 weeks ago to now, am I worrying unnecessarily?
Many thanks.
P.s the 2nd pic is when we first got him.

Attachments

• 6FDF3010-CBF9-42C3-B1AE-995EEC0E398B.jpeg
    6FDF3010-CBF9-42C3-B1AE-995EEC0E398B.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 21
  • 79AEF324-6C7A-41C4-A6DC-C25239E6A908.jpeg
    79AEF324-6C7A-41C4-A6DC-C25239E6A908.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 21

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Pyramiding is caused by lack of humidity.
What is the humidity in the enclosure?
You described a UVA, UVB bulb. That's more than likely a MVB bulb. If it is, it's at least partly causing it because they are extremely desicating.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hi, I’m new to the group and I’ve recently just gotten a beautiful tort for my daughter aged 28 but I’m sure he/she is slightly pyramiding??
He/she is 15 months old and the breeder told us to keep the area around his uva/b light at 85f which we are totally managing. Bathing everyday in warm water and eating a diet of fresh leaves and seems lovely and happy ?
I have put a picture up of when we first got which was 2 weeks ago to now, am I worrying unnecessarily?
Many thanks.
P.s the 2nd pic is when we first got him.
Minor pyramiding. Looks like you got the typical bad advice from the breeder judging from the temps and that substrate.

Here is the correct care info:

Questions are welcome.