Pyramiding??

Megang97

Location (City and/or State)
Portsmouth, uk
How does my boys shell look? It’s slightly worn and bumpy to me. Is that growth or pyramiding??

Attachments

• 572AD534-A656-46FD-B787-86176FD92EE8.jpeg
    572AD534-A656-46FD-B787-86176FD92EE8.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 60

harrythetortoise

Virginia
Doesn’t look like much pyramiding as far as I can tell! Do you apply any shell conditioner? It might help with the dryness.

Megang97

Portsmouth, uk
Doesn’t look like much pyramiding as far as I can tell! Do you apply any shell conditioner? It might help with the dryness.

I do, yes. I put it in the water when I bath him☺️

I got him back in October and he was imported from Macedonia according to his paperwork and hatched in 2018. A few people have said he looks older and his shell does look worn, I agree with the latter. I can only imagine he didn’t have the best start as his shell has always been a little “bumpy and dry”. His humidity is constantly above 50% and he gets daily bathing.

is there anything else I can do for him? Do you think he does have slight pyramiding?

harrythetortoise

Virginia
I do, yes. I put it in the water when I bath him☺

I got him back in October and he was imported from Macedonia according to his paperwork and hatched in 2018. A few people have said he looks older and his shell does look worn, I agree with the latter. I can only imagine he didn’t have the best start as his shell has always been a little “bumpy and dry”. His humidity is constantly above 50% and he gets daily bathing.

is there anything else I can do for him? Do you think he does have slight pyramiding?

Just a little pyramiding but not too bad. It's most likely due to early growths in dry habitat. Keep doing what you're doing daily and the new growths will be smooth. Some members put some coconut oil (cold-pressed, organic) on the shell once in a while and have seen good results.

Megang97

Portsmouth, uk
Thank you, I’ve tried so hard with his husbandry and I’m at the point now I’m happy with it☺️ Ill try a little bit of coconut oil every now and again and I’ll see if that makes a difference. Thank you.

harrythetortoise

Virginia
Thank you, I’ve tried so hard with his husbandry and I’m at the point now I’m happy with it☺ Ill try a little bit of coconut oil every now and again and I’ll see if that makes a difference. Thank you.
My pleasure!