Pyramiding Update: 1yr. 7 months

Enclosure: humidity high 90's average
temp. mid to high 80's average
Coco coir
UV exposure in and outside

Fresh water daily.
Soak every morning
Go bathroom regularly

Food: papaya, mangos, watercress, arugula, mizuna, collard, clovers, spring mix, earth worms once in a while
Calcium power every few days.

Just thought I'd point out that my two tortoises have grown up/live together, sleep separate on their own. Eat same time usually finish together.
Weight and size almost exact. Both active.

BUT with all of that, one still has more pyramiding then the other. The other barely has anything. I guess that is just how it goes. I will still trouble shoot and adjust to try different things.

Avuwyy

Location (City and/or State)
Liverpool, Merseyside
Some tortoises may spend more time in different areas of the enclosure than another. One may be resting or roaming a higher humidity area of the enclosure, or one might spend more time basking. Stuff like this can make a difference. Watch both tortoises and see where their favourite spot to hang around is, or whether a certain side of the enclosure is favoured by the tortoise with more pyramiding.

What kind of bulb are you using? I believe certain bulbs are advised against for keepers due to their ability to promote pyramiding (Mercury vapour bulbs come to mind). So if you’re using a bulb such as this, and one tortoise spends more time beneath it, that can encourage pyramiding.

Just some things to look out for :)

BonbonSammy

Location (City and/or State)
Hawaiʻi
Some tortoises may spend more time in different areas of the enclosure than another. One may be resting or roaming a higher humidity area of the enclosure, or one might spend more time basking. Stuff like this can make a difference. Watch both tortoises and see where their favourite spot to hang around is, or whether a certain side of the enclosure is favoured by the tortoise with more pyramiding.

What kind of bulb are you using? I believe certain bulbs are advised against for keepers due to their ability to promote pyramiding (Mercury vapour bulbs come to mind). So if you’re using a bulb such as this, and one tortoise spends more time beneath it, that can encourage pyramiding.

Just some things to look out for :)
T5 uvb strip florescent. That's all I use because the design of my enclosure I made holds/creates a lot of heat and humidity. So I dont use my CHE I bought.

Thanks for the suggestion about areas, etc.