Sheldon's pyramiding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaisyDuke

10 Year Member!
Sheldon's pyramiding isn't getting any better. Is this bad pyramiding? He eats all of the right foods, dandelion, arugula, berries, squash, ect. Temps are always great but I am still having a horrible time trying to get the humidity up, though it's better then it was it's still not as up to par as it should be. Should I be worried about this pyramiding? Are there any good room humidifiers any of you can suggest? I'm thinking if the room becomes more humid this will be a big help. Luckily the humid weather is coming but still I need to know what to do the other 9 months of the year.
I am going frantic :(

PyramidingSheldon.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas, NV
As long as it's not getting worse then your doing fine, it will take time before you start seeing any results from the better care you have been providing...

dabayliss

5 Year Member
If you look at the 'enclosures' section - one thing that a number of people do is effectively house the tort inside a 'plastic box' (usually rubbermaid). This is NOT sealed - but it is 'covered' (different people seem to vary from 50% to about 90%). It is much easier to retain humidity in such an environment. Some keep it humid (?Madkins) by having an 'under' heater and pouring in water, others effective pump humidity in using a plastic pipe. Either way the 'trick' is to greatly reduce the area you are keeping humid ...

I haven't tried this yet (I live in Florida - so nature plus a little frantic water spraying Nov-Feb generally works) - but I am aiming to build one for next year ....

DaisyDuke

10 Year Member!
D'Marcus, I'm not sure if it's gotten worse but to me it seems it has. It's hard to tell.

David, yeah, I've read all of that on the forums when I first found them months ago. I have tried so much of what has been posted but still am having a hard time.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
It hard to see any progress until some time has passed, as Sheldon start's to grow bigger then you will see the difference..It does take time though...

Jacob

5 Year Member
California
Yes, Dalano is Right With Pyrimiding Like that its gonna Take some years to see it getting better, But As long as it stays the
way it is now you are keeping it in control!

You Can Try Keeping your Room More Humid, As Welll as Spray his shell and Enclosure several times a day!
You can even Keep A Wet Sponge in his enclosure to keep moisture

Fernando

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Jacob said:
You Can Try Keeping your Room More Humid,

That's sometimes hard to do depending on where your redfoot is located in the house. I'd be a little concerned with mold caused by the moisture on the walls.

But other then that...the pyramiding doesn't look too bad as far as I can see. And as the guys have stated already. Continue to keep him healthy and follow the caresheets (diet, exercise, humidity and sunshine) and he should be fine.

Oh and there is a member named "hustler" here who had a great idea on creating more humidity in his RF's tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.