Proud owner of 3 hermanns!

Status
Not open for further replies.

claire110178

5 Year Member
Hi everyone! I'm Claire and I live near Manchester, England with my partner mark and our 2 year old daughter bobbi. I have 3 hermanns around 4 years old .... Rodney, Cassandra and Marlene! I have had Rodney and Cassandra about 14 months and Marlene joined us about 6 months ago. I am hoping to get a 3rd female to complete our tortoise family. I have trawled the rescue sites but as yet not been successful. We really don't want to go to a pet shop as Marlene came from a pet shop and it has taken us a long time to bring her up to the stage she is currently at. We keep our torts in a tortoise table and we are in the process of building a large secure outdoor enclosure for next summer. It's good to have found this forum where I can get advice when I need it xx

Attachments

• image-4261722716.png
    image-4261722716.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 33

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Hi! *waves* Glad you have found us. What is it about tortoises that you like? :tort:

claire110178

5 Year Member
Jacqui said:
Hi! *waves* Glad you have found us. What is it about tortoises that you like? :tort:

Absolutely everything! The way their faces look like a 100 year old man to the way the come running over when they see you :) they are so affectionate. Marlene was awake way after the lamps switched off one evening last week, Rodney and Cassandra were fast asleep, so Marlene ended up under my jumper keeping warm and we watched telly on the couch together! Her head was fully out of her shell, I was tickling her neck and her eyes were shut tight ... She was loving it! Each of them has a different character. They are amazing x

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Claire, and welcome to the Forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.