proper lighting for Russians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diana Stone

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I need help please. I have been changing what is hanging over my enclosure quite a bit lately because of what I have been reading. I started with two basking lights, one at 95 on one end and the other at 80. The rest of the table is at 70. Plus I had a Repti-sun 10.0 UVB tube. That turned out to be a bad thing because of the way the UVB was emitted. So I changed that to two 10.0 screw ins to make sure I covered most of the table. The enclosure was really dim with that set up. I put back the strip light but with an 8.0 UVB and its hanging about 20" above the table, just for more light. I have also been told that you really only need the UVB on for about 4 hours a day since they hide most of the time anyway. Do I have to much? Am I thinking they need lots of light and they don't? They don't seem to have any issues that I can tell, health wise. Is the 2 10.0 screw ins on all day enough light even though I think its to dim? It makes me wanna turn on a light to check to see how they are doing because its so dim. HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.