Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
We have three emu too. If you've seen emu on TV in the last 10 years, it was probably them, unless it was footage of wild ones or something.

I think you will soon realize why your grandpa is so enamoured with these animals. Do whatever you have to do to keep them. They will be more valuable to you in 25 years from now than words can express. I got a box turtle when I was 7. Stupidly, I gave him away when I was 17 and very busy and thought I knew everything. I'd give almost anything to have him back. Your grandpa raised these tortoises and loved them. Someday grandpa will be gone, and having these tortoises will be like having a direct link to him. They are like having a part of him with you forever. They will outlive you, and your grandchildren can inherit and love them as a way to still feel connected to YOU, when you are gone.

This may sound like a bunch of sentimental non-sense to you right now, but please just do it anyway. In time you will understand.

yazzy1012

5 Year Member
Owning a sulcata is far different then owning any other animal. I have multiple dogs as well and my relationship with the sulcata is far better then it is with the dogs. It's just an awesome thing having an adult. Basically at that age they are probably bigger then ones at the zoo, so it's like having a zoo at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.