AMAZING PROGRESS!

Emily Contreras

Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
I am very happy to say that saturn is growing very fast! He is darkening up, and he is getting growth rings! He has gotten alot heavier. I dont have a measuring tool to see how much grams he weighs.. but he is certainly looking nice! I moved him back to the christmas tree tote because after maybe 2-3 weeks, he didn't ever want to eat in his huge wooden enclosure, even thought I installed a glass veiwing area, so I can see if the humidity is fogging up the glass, It did. And let me tell you, the enclosure I had him in was HUGE! It was like, the size of a dinner table! Not a small circle one, like, a big one.. He had like 2-3 hides, and a bunch of planted grass from my grandpas garden! He could easily manuever through it, but for some reason he didn't like the enclosure! And since He hated it, and didn't eat in it after 2 1/2 weeks, I started getting kind of scared, and put him in the tote, he started eating again, and everytime I open his cage he RUNS up and knows he is either being fed, soaked, or outsidetime! He seriously likes that christmas tree tote.. I will definetly move him up a size once he gets maybe an inch bigger. right now i am feeding him this thing called "reptile munchies, Vegetable mix" He loves it, it has added in calcium, and alot of plants, I also feed him fresh dandelions. SO yeah! He loving life right now. I hope it lasts and he doesn't get sick.

drew54

Indiana
What does Saturn weigh? Do you have any more pics?

drew54

Indiana
I dont realy know, I know hes around 60-90 grams.
And no Im at school right now.

I look forward to seeing some new pics and measurements. I think our hatchlings are close in age, so it would be interesting to see the difference in their growth rates.

Emily Contreras

Arizona
I look forward to seeing some new pics and measurements. I think our hatchlings are close in age, so it would be interesting to see the difference in their growth rates.
yeah mine is close to 3 months old. I got him in the middle of august.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
It may have just been too big or too open, not enough coverage. The tote should be good for a year or two of age depending how fast and big he grows.