Probably getting a Russian in a week. Do I have it down?

Location (City and/or State)
Illinois
These are the supplies I’ve either ordered or have yet to get. Let me know if I’m off on something.

Kiddie pool (the one I’ve chosen is 8’ by 5.75’). I’ll also eventually get one for outside when spring/summer comes.
Cypress mulch, probably 6-8” worth
Spray bottle for spraying mulch to get a little humidity (do I need this?)
One to two UVB heat/light fixtures
A few live or terrarium plants like ferns (what won’t they eat?)
Water and food dishes (from my understanding only juvies need regular soaking, but just in case) buried somewhat in the mulch so that tort doesn’t flip or drown
Food (for this, my family already buys a crap load of assorted fresh vegetables, lettuce, and fruit. I know that they can’t eat a ton of spinach or fruit, only very occasionally, but lettuce and greens are a start).

Am I missing anything? Is this a good start? What else should I get?

Bee62

Germany
These are the supplies I’ve either ordered or have yet to get. Let me know if I’m off on something.

Kiddie pool (the one I’ve chosen is 8’ by 5.75’). I’ll also eventually get one for outside when spring/summer comes.
Cypress mulch, probably 6-8” worth
Spray bottle for spraying mulch to get a little humidity (do I need this?)
One to two UVB heat/light fixtures
A few live or terrarium plants like ferns (what won’t they eat?)
Water and food dishes (from my understanding only juvies need regular soaking, but just in case) buried somewhat in the mulch so that tort doesn’t flip or drown
Food (for this, my family already buys a crap load of assorted fresh vegetables, lettuce, and fruit. I know that they can’t eat a ton of spinach or fruit, only very occasionally, but lettuce and greens are a start).

Am I missing anything? Is this a good start? What else should I get?
Hello and welcome to the TFO forum and tort family !:)
Do you get a baby tort ? Please forget about the kiddie pool. That is not the right enclosure for tortoises. You can`t control the heat and the humidity in an open enclosure like a kiddie pool. When you place your kiddie pool on the floor in your house the tortoise get`s too cold there. On the floor there is always a cold draft. Your tort will get quickly sick.
Please look for a closed chamber.
You will also need a heat bulb for the night. It is called a ceramic heat emitter. A CHE produces heat but no light because tortoises must sleep in darkness.
Please don`t feed fruit. Russian tortoises are no fruit eaters. Fruits make them sick.
All tortoises need a water and a food dish. Please use flat terracotta flower saucers. They are the best for all tortoises.

LaLaP

5 Year Member
Portland, OR