Picky!!

ArchieTheTort

Location (City and/or State)
Wisconsin
Hello, this is my very first thread, I got my new russian tortoise Archie, ( I’ve done a TON of research before getting him) he’s in 3 by 4 table, I woulda liked to get a bigger one straight away but being 14 I can’t fit a 4
X 8 table Er something in my room lol ( I’m in the process of adding another level) with a mix of coconut fiber and orchid bark with the hottest temp at 95 degrees, he also had a uvb / uva bulb the reason I’m posting is cause he is VERY picky he only wants to eat lettuce and watermelon( which I only gave him once because I know I shouldn’t too often) , he hadn’t touched his tortoise pellets and I’ve tried everything to get him to eat it , I’ve mashed up blueberries in it , I’ve soaked it in water and mashed it up with the lettuce, I’ve even chopped up the lettuce super fine and put it all over the pellets, he won’t eat it, !! I put calcium powder on the lettuce and he doesn’t mind but still, how can I get him to eat the pellets?

FrankIinTheTortoise

Earth
I got a new Russian Tortoise as well. His name is Franklin and this is my second day with him. He will not eat as well, this is probably because both of our tortoises are scared and shy. Just give it some time to adjust and he will eventually eat.

ArchieTheTort

Wisconsin
Well, it’s not the fact that he doesn’t eat, he eats a LOT but he doesn’t wanna eat the commercial food pellets and since I can’t give him like all sorts of different veggies I want to make sure he gets protein or whatever else is in that food

FrankIinTheTortoise

Earth
That's what I meant. Give him some time to adjust to the pellets. He is probably used to the veggies.