Pricing Leopard Tortoises

Dkozi7

Location (City and/or State)
Georgia
I am looking at downsizing my leopards and wanted to know what pricing looks like. They range from 5-6 years old and honestly I’m terrible at sexing. I want to get rid of a for sure male so that would be my go to pricing. Thanks in advance! I’m in the US.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Are they Babcocki?
Males are much easier to find thrn females. A babcocki Male of the age you mentioned not proven around 300-350 proven maybe 400-450 That's how I would price mine. Positive female 500-600 proven female 700-800. The PP leopards are higher.
I have only sold 2 proven females and one female that wasn't proven.
I have a Male i rescued and rehabbed that if I sold would ask 500.00-600.00 for.

Dkozi7

Georgia
They are Babcocki not pp. If I post pictures on here can they be confirmed at this age? I have posted them before but always get an almost 50/50 response.

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
They are Babcocki not pp. If I post pictures on here can they be confirmed at this age? I have posted them before but always get an almost 50/50 response.

Pictures would help us help you determine a value. Shell quality, total size, and shell pattern, all play a role on the relative market value.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
We can better sex them at this age then younger. Not always a sure thing. I had a leopard that all signs said female. He was 4 I think. She turned out time be a male.