Pretend Chat 2.14

smarch

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Massachusetts
Send me Nank and you'll get your coffee. Trust me, I'm from the internet.
I strictly remember conevrsations around when I first joined chat about you "sending food" to someone that never arrived lol I don't know about that lol especially when I fresh cup is 1/2 hour away... do you even have dunkins? half our own country doesn't have dunkins! It has to be Dunkins Pumpkin! I know the difference :cool:

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
He would still have to go to the main yard to catch a bus, but his car is there any how. They always have the teachers take them home (and usually actually to their home or close by) and when a driver quits they try to get them a ride on another truck also. It's called Prime is cheap and doesn't want to pay the bus, but it makes sense too.

I think you know how this trucking business run much better then I do. :)

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
Doesn't anybody still get donuts at DD? :)
Dunkin's donuts actually are bad in comparison to our local shops... especially filled ones like my boston crème it has like no filling compared to our local shop.

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
I strictly remember conevrsations around when I first joined chat about you "sending food" to someone that never arrived lol I don't know about that lol especially when I fresh cup is 1/2 hour away... do you even have dunkins? half our own country doesn't have dunkins! It has to be Dunkins Pumpkin! I know the difference :cool:
http://www.dunkindonutsuae.com/shopLocation.html
Trust me now? :p

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
Hmm I actually never would have guessed Dunkins went international if they hardly even leave the north east here, literally we have 2 in our tiny town and in cities they're EVERYWHERE you could throw a donut from one to another if you wanted with some!
And sorry lol trust no one with Nank, even my cousin who's his sitter who has her own Russian haha he's my baby!!:tort::<3:

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Dunkin's donuts actually are bad in comparison to our local shops... especially filled ones like my boston crème it has like no filling compared to our local shop.

I had never liked them the time or two we tried them. Our Casey's (with the good ice tea) has some of the best donuts. I really love the cake donuts there.

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
I had never liked them the time or two we tried them. Our Casey's (with the good ice tea) has some of the best donuts. I really love the cake donuts there.
We have a shop called N&J's and its like take a bite into a filled donut and it explodes! sooooo good! I've yet to find a local coffee I like, I cant even make my own right!

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
Oh man, I'm SO tired. I was ok when I got up earlier but 4 hrs later I'm dragging badly. :(
It's hard to keep up with a busy 3 yr old when I'm like this.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Doesn't anybody still get donuts at DD? :)

My wife will kill me If I get donuts from anywhere. Dunkin are not very popular in California. They have few location in airport and malls.

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
We have a shop called N&J's and its like take a bite into a filled donut and it explodes! sooooo good! I've yet to find a local coffee I like, I cant even make my own right!
Arabic Coffee:
Ingredients:
1 1/2 liters of water
4 to 4 1/2 tablespoons of coffee
1 teaspoon of ground cardamom
A pinch of saffron
Preparation:
1-Add coffee to hot water and leave it to brew for 5 minutes or until it starts boiling
2- Add cardamom and saffron to the kettle you'll serve the coffee in.
3- pour coffee into the kettle the coffee will be served in.
Edit: In the past, coffee was brewed 3 times a day: before dawn, in the afternoon, and at sunset, thus anticipating the arrival of guests any time. Maybe give arabic coffee a try, I love it...

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Arabic Coffee:
Ingredients:
1 1/2 liters of water
4 to 4 1/2 tablespoons of coffee
1 teaspoon of ground cardamom
A pinch of saffron
Preparation:
1-Add coffee to hot water and leave it to brew for 5 minutes or until it starts boiling
2- Add cardamom and saffron to the kettle you'll serve the coffee in.
3- pour coffee into the kettle the coffee will be served in.

So you do work for Dunkin.........Just not in US.

Look how professional you list the ingredient and the step. Hahahaha.... I think I smell the saffron now.

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
So you do work for Dunkin.........Just not in US.

Look how professional you list the ingredient and the step. Hahahaha.... I think I smell the saffron now.
I don't work, LOL :p I have a traditional cookbook next to me! ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1411575536.565458.jpg
Edit: Ever since I posted that recipe for Kevin, the books been on the desk. I wonder why....

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX

That was me and I have yet to receive my food Ali.

0.0.1 Redfoot (Spike)
0.0.1 Cherryhead Redfoot (Bruce Wayne)
1.0 Sulcata (Hal Jordan)

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
Arabic coffee is the best. I had some the other day at a friends house.

0.0.1 Redfoot (Spike)
1.0 Sulcata (Hal Jordan)

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
That was me and I have yet to receive my food Ali.

0.0.1 Redfoot (Spike)
1.0 Sulcata (Hal Jordan)
Umm, uh, ummmm... My tortoise ate it :oops:! No, no it's in the Caribbean. I dont know?

StarSapphire22

5 Year Member
Fargo, ND
Any advice for moving a tortoise and 5 box turtles, and minimizing stress? We are only moving about a mile away, so I'm not worried about the car ride or anything.

Littlefoots enclosure is a 75 gallon tank + stand, and is ridiculously heavy. We'll need to completely take it down. That's ok, because its time to replace his coir and moss anyways. So, items like hides and dishes will go in a box, other stuff gets removed and chucked, tank gets moved, set back up, Littlefoot goes in.

Box turtles live in a 55 gallon Rubbermaid. I'm thinking taking them out, and just moving the box and it's contents would work?

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
Any advice for moving a tortoise and 5 box turtles, and minimizing stress? We are only moving about a mile away, so I'm not worried about the car ride or anything.

Littlefoots enclosure is a 75 gallon tank + stand, and is ridiculously heavy. We'll need to completely take it down. That's ok, because its time to replace his coir and moss anyways. So, items like hides and dishes will go in a box, other stuff gets removed and chucked, tank gets moved, set back up, Littlefoot goes in.

Box turtles live in a 55 gallon Rubbermaid. I'm thinking taking them out, and just moving the box and it's contents would work?
Things like these would be helpful if I try to start a new project... I have no helpful tips to add :p