Pretend Chat 2.14

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I figured Jax wanted to see another message about it . Poor Kevin is having withdrawals.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Once a year a nursery here has an Ugly Plant Sale, and a lot of the plants that weren't sold or aren't in the best shape go on sale at $1, $2 and $5. I got some mums, violas, a clump grass, and a bunch of other stuff I don't know what it is, and only spent $30.

ugly plant sale a.jpg ugly plant sale b.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
So, besides doing something with these plants that are blocking the driveway and will soon be in direct sun, I'm going to try to work on cleaning up the area right outside my door. I've been working on this for about two weeks. Hopefully I can get it done today. What usually stops me from finishing is winterizing the tortoises. I now have a rescued injured female gulf coast that I have to set up in a hospital tank for the winter, and a really, really thin female desert tortoise that's going to need special attention. I'm afraid she's probably got a stone, but in the meantime, she has to be set up in a special winter place. But I'm going to start with the project right outside my door:

project a.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Well, I got the larger pieces of wood cut, but the wheelbarrow has plants in it, so I can't take it away and stack it. Oh well . . it's time for Misty's lunch anyway. After I eat and rest my aching back I'll go back out and see about the cracked turtle and the skinny tortoise.

project b.jpg

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Well, I got the larger pieces of wood cut, but the wheelbarrow has plants in it, so I can't take it away and stack it. Oh well . . it's time for Misty's lunch anyway. After I eat and rest my aching back I'll go back out and see about the cracked turtle and the skinny tortoise.

View attachment 219563
That is a lots of work. Don't hurt yourself.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Once a year a nursery here has an Ugly Plant Sale, and a lot of the plants that weren't sold or aren't in the best shape go on sale at $1, $2 and $5. I got some mums, violas, a clump grass, and a bunch of other stuff I don't know what it is, and only spent $30.

View attachment 219559 View attachment 219560

Lol now you remind me of me. I almost always only buy clearance plants.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Congrats Jax! I soon will be a grandfather . Well I'm a step grandfather now . But hey this will make three grandkids .