Pretend Chat 2.14

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
San Jose CA
Good Morning TFO.

May all of you have a wonderful day~~;);)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Can you tell the testudo is male or female? If it is female we may able to adopt. Also love to know the history of her. if it is her.

I left the tortoise sitting in warm water with a light over it all day long. It finally opened its eyes later in the afternoon, and they don't look so sunken in, however, it keeps opening its mouth to breathe. So it's got a respiratory infection. I'll be giving it antibiotics, and since it's not eating, soaking in baby food carrots. I think it might be female, however, what there is of the tail seems swollen. And the front toe nails are worn down to nubs:

2016 Rescue #56b.jpg 2016 rescue #56c.jpg 2016 Rescue #56d.jpg

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Hi Steven! and all the rest of you chatters.
I need to work on my wife on this, she is not like the idea of adopting another torts when I told her yesterday. :(:(

How big is "she"? how much of antibiotic you are giving to her? and what kind of antibiotic?

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
I need to work on my wife on this, she is not like the idea of adopting another torts when I told her yesterday. :(:(

How big is "she"? how much of antibiotic you are giving to her? and what kind of antibiotic?

Would she even notice another tort;)

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Would she even notice another tort;)
Aha..........Hahahahah~~That's the idea!

Let me see:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:....... how can I sneak out of house for 7+ hours and come back with a torts without her notice???:rolleyes::rolleyes::oops::oops:

HONEY.............

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It's going to take a while before the tortoise is ready to be adopted. It might not even make it, as it's pretty sick. Besides the R.I. there seems to be a problem at the other end. The cloaca is swollen like it has been trying to pass a large stone or a hard poop or maybe eggs. It didn't come from the best of care, and was VERY dehydrated.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Aha..........Hahahahah~~That's the idea!

Let me see:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:....... how can I sneak out of house for 7+ hours and come back with a torts without her notice???:rolleyes::rolleyes::oops::oops:

HONEY.............

"Honey - let's go visit Yvonne" ***Yvonne surreptitiously slips box of tortoise into back seat of car while Irene is not looking***

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
It's going to take a while before the tortoise is ready to be adopted. It might not even make it, as it's pretty sick. Besides the R.I. there seems to be a problem at the other end. The cloaca is swollen like it has been trying to pass a large stone or a hard poop or maybe eggs. It didn't come from the best of care, and was VERY dehydrated.
Bless your heart Yvonne! ! ! You gave her a fighting chance....:<3::<3::<3::<3:

Best wishes to the little one also! ! ! !

Last edited:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I think I'll fry up some chunks of chicken in butter and add them to one of the Knorr package noodle dinners. If I have any frozen spinach I'll add that in too. Time to go. Misty's telling me it's lunchtime.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I had cookies and ice cream for dinner. It's been raining here for the last few days . Sucks I just want to jump in my motorcycle an ride .

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
I had cookies and ice cream for dinner. It's been raining here for the last few days . Sucks I just want to jump in my motorcycle an ride .

Sounds better than mine! I had a hotdog with cheese and avocado.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Today I'm finally feeling back to my old self!
After having bronchitis and sinus infection for a week and a half!
I finished my antibiotics and I just couldn't recover:( so I emailed my Dr and I have been on a steroid for 24hrs and I feel like a new person!

It's 106 today so I have been busy spraying torts yards. They just love the water!

My daughter is doing 5th grade band and chose the violin! I'm so excited for her to learn how to play!
Today was the first day of school:)

I played the violin in school.