Pretend Chat 2.14

Momof4

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego
Happy Friday!!
Getting ready to leave for a trip up north for another Taekwondo tournament.
I love spending 4 hours in the car! Not! If we get past LA traffic with ease it won't be so bad.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yvonne, won't it just make you nuttyer?

Well, I tried it last night. It wasn't too bad. I put a teaspoon in my hot tea. I wasn't too fond of the feel of oil on top of my tea. Maybe tonight I'll just put the teaspoon-full in my mouth instead of in my tea.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I got in a few Erosa hingebacks earlier in the week and now the little weak one has died. :(

Aw, darn it. That's too bad, Jacqui. Did you buy them or were they rescues?

Nevermind. I read your next post.

M

Maggie Cummings

She never made a "next post" and ya'll talk to people I don't get. So were they rescues?I missed her whole post. Am I blocked or something? Yesterday, Mike was talking about pictures I couldn't see and I even think Y said she got a pix from somewhere and posted it. I couldn't see it....I miss half the conversations, like now....I know Noel is AZtortMom, but I don't see her. Why a good morning, is she here? IT's so darned frustrating, it must be my very special Chromebook again.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
She never made a "next post" and ya'll talk to people I don't get. So were they rescues?I missed her whole post. Am I blocked or something? Yesterday, Mike was talking about pictures I couldn't see and I even think Y said she got a pix from somewhere and posted it. I couldn't see it....I miss half the conversations, like now....I know Noel is AZtortMom, but I don't see her. Why a good morning, is she here? IT's so darned frustrating, it must be my very special Chromebook again.

I can clear one thing up, I bought then from Outback Reptiles.

Hi Maggie how are things?

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
Looks like our streak of 80 degree days in Oregon is over for a bit. The kiddie pool enclosure I make for the new little guy looks more like a pool than anything. It has a few inches of water over top of the dirt. Whoops!

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Well, I tried it last night. It wasn't too bad. I put a teaspoon in my hot tea. I wasn't too fond of the feel of oil on top of my tea. Maybe tonight I'll just put the teaspoon-full in my mouth instead of in my tea.

It's a slippery slope, next thing you know you'll be oil pulling.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
I love coconut and coconut oil. I have to have a jar for me and one for the torts. I used to put coconut flavored syrup into my lattes and now I just use the oil.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Looks like our streak of 80 degree days in Oregon is over for a bit. The kiddie pool enclosure I make for the new little guy looks more like a pool than anything. It has a few inches of water over top of the dirt. Whoops!

Sounds like you needed more drainage holes.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
We set it up just yesterday on our deck to be the outdoor playpen for the new little guys since we are about to move. Good news in that the little monsters are high and dry indoors while the pool collects water. I know that Ruby is going to like the swamp while it dries out. She's our baby piranha. She lives in her water dishes, indoors or out shes usually in up to her eyeballs paddling around waiting for someone or something to bite.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
No one has had anything to say for 5 hours? I came here to distract myself from the fact that there is a large horny tortoise defiling my throw blanket because I was nice and brought him in from the sideways rain.
I can't even go into my office without his lustful attention turning toward my slippered feet.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
No one has had anything to say for 5 hours? I came here to distract myself from the fact that there is a large horny tortoise defiling my throw blanket because I was nice and brought him in from the sideways rain.
I can't even go into my office without his lustful attention turning toward my slippered feet.

Sorry

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
I'm here. We drove to Santa Barbara today! It's beautiful! I live in San Diego which isn't too bad but I'm loving SB!

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1461381113.541258.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
I'm here. We drove to Santa Barbara today! It's beautiful! I live in San Diego which isn't too bad but I'm loving SB!

I really liked the time I spent in SD. It seemed a lot more laid back compared to staying with friends in LA and Newport Beach who were really "go-go go!"

My boyfriend is out with friends tonight so I am already in my PJs and I'm thinking I might have ice cream for dinner. Introvert-y bliss here. Just me, and my crazy tortoise lady starter pack of 5 Redfoots

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I have come to laugh at you in Italian. Because I can

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
There are 50 bazillion of these little guys wandering all over my property. Yes, we did have a wetter than normal winter, but there are no water sources near my house and no puddles that stayed long enough for tadpoles to grow legs:

toad.jpg

One has to be very careful where one puts her feet while walking around outside.