Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
It's chicken livers for lunch. :)

I'm having left over Australian sheep shearer's mince pot (I posted the recipe in the food thread). I actually LOVE liver and onions. Haven't had that in quite a while.

Clovis weather report:

March isn't actually coming in like a lion, however it is a bit breezy. We don't usually get our wind until towards the end of March. The sky is blue with huge puffy clouds that occasionally blot out the sun. When not being blotted out, it's quite warm outside. Supposed to rain again tomorrow, so we should enjoy it while we can.

I've seen quite a few of my water turtles, so I'm guessing their winter nap is over. Yesterday it took me about 45 minutes to "encourage" SO into the shed. They don't have ANY cold sense. AT ALL!! Aldabran tortoises love a mud puddle. With all the rain we've been having, there's quite a nice mud puddle in their yard. Well, yesterday SO parked in the puddle, unbeknownst to me, and sat there all day. The sun wasn't shining yesterday. It wasn't REAL cold, but for a tortoise, 50F is cold enough. Usually, because of their size (almost 300lbs now), their inner core stays warm for a long time. However, sitting in 50F degree water and weather all day long soon cooled him down muchly. By the time I found him, about 5p, he could hardly move. When I "encourage" BO to move, all I have to do is tap on the rear of his carapace and he moves away from the tap. That doesn't work with SO. I could tap on him all day long and all he does is hootchy kootchy. So I had to get food encouragement. Luckily, I had cantaloupe and banana. Like I said - it took about 45 minutes for him to walk about 30' from the puddle to the shed. I need a front loader tractor!

M

Maggie Cummings

Evidently not one of you people gives a crap that an aggressive speeding tailgating road rage filled driver is going to teach an AARP driving course, buncha jerks.....you not them.....'cept Jacqui

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
today is International Women's Day it was supposed to be yesterday but you know women they just weren't ready yet. :)

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
ARGGGGH! Closing on the house has been pushed back ANOTHER month due to a lack of available appraisers. No one has even given me any hints on who to bribe to grease the wheels.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
ARGGGGH! Closing on the house has been pushed back ANOTHER month due to a lack of available appraisers. No one has even given me any hints on who to bribe to grease the wheels.

Good things come to those who wait....

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
glad I could be of service

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Evidently not one of you people gives a crap that an aggressive speeding tailgating road rage filled driver is going to teach an AARP driving course, buncha jerks.....you not them.....'cept Jacqui

I don't think many of us actually realize that what you say about your driving is true. I got the irony.

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
everyone around me keeps telling me I'm mean. that is absurd, plus they're all ugly.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego

Umm, I gave you like this morning!

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Don't you hate it when your outlet is so slow ! That's going to be cool as hell .

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Took the wife on a date to pick strawberries last weekend . Guess who is eating them! The red footed tortoises . ha-ha It was fun you guys should try it . Plus they had all kinds of Tortoise food .

Attachments

• 1457497652065.jpg
    1457497652065.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 5

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Maggie have you seen the driver instructor video that the student is a professional drifter . She is a small oriental girl that acts like she can't drive then Wham-O full on drifting .hahaha Them instructors almost crapped themselves .