Pretend Chat 2.14

M

Maggie Cummings

Happy Sunday!

You aren't kidding...,.I got Girl Scout Thin Mints, and NASCAR season started. I sat and watched the Daytona and got sick eating 2 boxes of Thin Mints......what a great day!!! And Denny Hamlin won and I was happy most of the day.....

sibi

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Florida, USA
Lazy and Lethargic aren't weekend words around here, we both always work on the weekends so Tuesday is our self imposed day off where we only work if we *want* to, not because we feel like we have to.
What do you do?

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
I am primarily a photographer, weddings pay my bills. I also do family photos, engagements, maternity, sporting events and all kinds of neat things. This weekend I had 6 shoots. 2 families, a house (real estate), an engagement, maternity and a business head shot session.

With the help of my boyfriend, Chris I also run an online vintage shop from my home on Etsy that gets a lot of traffic and sees me running to the post office constantly as well as buying, creating, and repairing neat things to sell. This is our 'fun' work that we do together. I specialize in cameras and he does anything to do with audio. He also creates one of a kind art though we haven't done a lot of that lately.

Chris is a mechanic who specializes in electrical and fabrication for customizing classic cars from our home garage, though lately he's been doing a lot of basic stuff like brakes, wheel bearings and tuning up cars for friends.

Despite cramming ourselves into a 400sq ft apartment with 2 tortoises a cat and a rat we can still tolerate the fact that we are both home together constantly, I would have killed and eaten just about anyone else I know by this point. :) I can't wait until we move into our house next month!

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
I am primarily a photographer, weddings pay my bills. I also do family photos, engagements, maternity, sporting events and all kinds of neat things. This weekend I had 6 shoots. 2 families, a house (real estate), an engagement, maternity and a business head shot session.

With the help of my boyfriend, Chris I also run an online vintage shop from my home on Etsy that gets a lot of traffic and sees me running to the post office constantly as well as buying, creating, and repairing neat things to sell. This is our 'fun' work that we do together. I specialize in cameras and he does anything to do with audio. He also creates one of a kind art though we haven't done a lot of that lately.

Chris is a mechanic who specializes in electrical and fabrication for customizing classic cars from our home garage, though lately he's been doing a lot of basic stuff like brakes, wheel bearings and tuning up cars for friends.

Despite cramming ourselves into a 400sq ft apartment with 2 tortoises a cat and a rat we can still tolerate the fact that we are both home together constantly, I would have killed and eaten just about anyone else I know by this point. :) I can't wait until we move into our house next month!

Well, Congrats to you in advance! It's nice to work out of your home. My husband would love to do that. He's a custom software engineer /developer. His job is only 3 mins. by car. I stay home and care for 4 sulcatas. I was an English teacher

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
It definitely hasn't been easy, but I've been self employed full time for 5 years now and I only have to eat ramen like once a week ;) I guess that keeps me out of the 'starving artist' bracket.
Before I was able to build up my photography business and go full time I was a vet assistant for 7 years. I would really like to have that opportunity again someday, but right now there's no time to devote to a 9-5 type job. I'm too busy oiling old typewriters and picking crap out of camera crevices with toothpicks and dental tools. (When I'm not photoshopping acne off of high school seniors)

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
That was an awesome concert !
People were crowd surfing .

Attachments

• 1456117794880.jpg
    1456117794880.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 1456117810407.jpg
    1456117810407.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 1456117834442.jpg
    1456117834442.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 12

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
This was Mimi, a rescued-from-neighbor pot belly pig I had a few summers ago. He died shortly after I got him:

mimi-1.jpg

Because Mimi was so fat, he couldn't see (fat folds over his eyes). I put him on a diet and had the vet out to take off his tusks and trim his feet. She couldn't finish the job in one visit, and so I had her out a second time. Because he had been on a diet, he was considerably lighter in weight the second visit, however, the vet didn't allow for the weight loss and gave him too much sedative. He never woke up.

Last edited:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I woke up this a.m. at 4:30 and couldn't go back to sleep. Cleaned the kitchen, prepared tortoise food, read the Forum posts. I s'pose I could vacuum and dust - nah.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
I woke up this a.m. at 4:30 and couldn't go back to sleep. Cleaned the kitchen, prepared tortoise food, read the Forum posts. I s'pose I could vacuum and dust - nah.

Nah, that's just silly talk!

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
This was Mimi, a rescued-from-neighbor pot belly pig I had a few summers ago. He died shortly after I got him:

View attachment 165726

Because Mimi was so fat, he couldn't see (fat folds over his eyes). I put him on a diet and had the vet out to take off his tusks and trim his feet. She couldn't finish the job in one visit, and so I had her out a second time. Because he had been on a diet, he was considerably lighter in weight the second visit, however, the vet didn't allow for the weight loss and gave him too much sedative. He never woke up.

That is so sad:( so Mimi lost that much weight that he was that over dosed? What did the vet say or do?
Any compensation?

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas

View attachment 165726

Omg that's terrible! Poor piggie. :(

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA

View attachment 165726

If he were a doctor of humans, he would have been grossly negligent! How does one not take a current weight when going for surgery? What a shame. At least she didn't suffered :(

On second thought, the vet was grossly negligent no matter what kind of doctor he would've been.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
That is so sad:( so Mimi lost that much weight that he was that over dosed? What did the vet say or do?
Any compensation?

No, it was an honest mistake. She felt bad.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
If he were a doctor of humans, he would have been grossly negligent! How does one not take a current weight when going for surgery? What a shame. At least she didn't suffered :(

On second thought, the vet was grossly negligent no matter what kind of doctor he would've been.

Please bear in mind that this was outside, no electricity, in the barn paddock. No way to weigh the pig. Barn visits made by vets are sometimes a best guess scenario.