Pretend Chat 2.14

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
I've gotten requests for money in my email before from some sort of inheritance or other where I have to send them a bit of money in order to get the big bucks, but this morning's email brought me a new kind. I've never heard of this person before in my life:

" I'm sorry i didn't inform you about my trip, i'm in Manila, Philippines right now with my family on vacation and i'm short on cash right here, I tried to access my account from the cash machines here and it's not working, I went to the bank to withdraw and I was informed that I cannot withdraw money from my account in some countries,that it's network errors, I'm thinking if I could get a quick loan of $2,200 from you or anything you can afford to loan me so that I can clear some little things here and also take a cab to the airport. I promise to refund it as soon as I get back home on Sunday morning, let me know so I can send you my details.

Waiting to hear from you.

Regards,

Denise Furmanski"

I wonder if this works at all. I could use a little extra money. Poor Denise. She needs $2,200 to "clear some little things..." If $2,200 is needed for little things, I wonder how much is for BIG things. Hm-m-m-m.

On a brighter note: Downtown Clovis (my town) is fashioned after an old western town. They have some sort of regulation that says any new building in the downtown area have to look like western buildings. And because of our old town theme, during the Christmas holiday season the city fathers hire a local gal who keeps percheron horses, to run a carriage ride around town on week-ends.

My daughter had her grandson, Cyrus, this week-end and they took him for a ride.

View attachment 158007 View attachment 158008 View attachment 158009
could you float me a few bucks? I just need 10000 to clear up a few small things thank you

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
How many people fall for that ? There's no way I'm sending anyone money like that . I will not even give my information over the phone .
note to self don't call Mike in the case of a emergency

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Did you know the pistol shrimp can make a noise loud enough to break glass?

The things I learn from my ice tea lids.

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
Did you know the pistol shrimp can make a noise loud enough to break glass?

The things I learn from my ice tea lids.
your ice tea lids talk to you? Okay........

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Morning all :)

Top o the marnin' to ya, Noel!!

Looks like he is enjoying it.

Yeah. They said he had the best time ever. He's crazy about horses and cows. They have taped a few of the bull riding and calf roping segments off TV and he asks to have them played for him frequently.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Taking off to Asia again this morning.

image.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Poor Steven. You just get over one desynchronosis (jet lag) and it's time to get another. Have a safe trip and come home healthy.

Last edited:

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Thank you for your kind words @Yvonne G . And I will.

And I'm not poor, I'm grateful that I still have a job and able to work. So, it is all good. No complaints, all thanksgiving.:)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
OK, I take back my sympathy.
rasp1.gif

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I don't feel like cooking so for lunch today I'll have a half a can of peaches with cottage cheese. I have some mini eclairs for dessert. And later, while sitting in my recliner, reading, in order to keep my mouth busy, I'll eat many, many Coffee Nips. Love those things!!

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
I don't feel like cooking so for lunch today I'll have a half a can of peaches with cottage cheese. I have some mini eclairs for dessert. And later, while sitting in my recliner, reading, in order to keep my mouth busy, I'll eat many, many Coffee Nips. Love those things!!

Coffee Nips?

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
How many people fall for that ? There's no way I'm sending anyone money like that . I will not even give my information over the phone .

Sending emails is cheap and probably automated so it only needs to work once out of thousands to be profitable. Some scams are 'designed' to filter out those that won't pay off. That's why the emails usually have poor spelling/grammar or are blatantly scammy.