Pretend Chat 2.14

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
It's just so darned hard to get it right the first time. I made up an EXCEL spreadsheet and entered the names of everyone who voted in the Calendar contest. This way I was assured that EXCEL would let me know if anyone tried to vote twice. Then I put a 1 under each number that was voted for from 1 to 32. Then, after all was said and done, I did a manual stroke tally of all the votes. And I still got it wrong! My stroke tally matched my spreadsheet, however, when Adam let me know about a wrong vote and I re-counted that number's votes, he was correct.

Hopefully for the next time we do the contest the computer's tallying system is working and it's not left to us poor mortals to figure it out.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
It's just so darned hard to get it right the first time. I made up an EXCEL spreadsheet and entered the names of everyone who voted in the Calendar contest. This way I was assured that EXCEL would let me know if anyone tried to vote twice. Then I put a 1 under each number that was voted for from 1 to 32. Then, after all was said and done, I did a manual stroke tally of all the votes. And I still got it wrong! My stroke tally matched my spreadsheet, however, when Adam let me know about a wrong vote and I re-counted that number's votes, he was correct.

Hopefully for the next time we do the contest the computer's tallying system is working and it's not left to us poor mortals to figure it out.

Never a dull moment for you!
Thanks for all your hard work!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
My daughter and I were killing time at a Chinese buffet place and near us were three police officers eating. When they went to leave, they were told somebody had bought their lunches. How sweet of that person.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
My daughter and I were killing time at a Chinese buffet place and near us were three police officers eating. When they went to leave, they were told somebody had bought their lunches. How sweet of that person.

That was sweet of them! We need more kind people.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco

You did a good job on this competition, Yvonne, you helped several of us out and got the pictures the right size, encouraged voting and tried to keep people informed.Back and forth between Josh and the members with queries . It was a lot to do, no one is perfect. Good job, in my opinion.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

I love that! What a generous and grateful person that was.
You did a good job on this competition, Yvonne, you helped several of us out and got the pictures the right size, encouraged voting and tried to keep people informed.Back and forth between Josh and the members with queries . It was a lot to do, no one is perfect. Good job, in my opinion.

Thank you. It wasn't easy, but I'm going to try to encourage Josh to delegate again next year. I'm up for it, as it can only get easier.

M

Maggie Cummings

Hi everyone....Not waving.:p Fingers still sore and wrapped. Hard to type.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
Hi everyone....Not waving.:p Fingers still sore and wrapped. Hard to type.
Hello! Sorry about your fingers. Does your phone have a dictation button? Or are you on the computer? I dictate all my posts from the phone, that's why sometimes they say really weird things. Anyway, much easier than typing.