Pretend Chat 2.14

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Hi all and how are you? Hope everyone is well :p.

It is another misty day here, but the birds are singing so what more could one need? Lol :) Going to be a frost here tonight, so I see somebody having to drag back in a bunch of plants before darkness ffalls

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
@Yvonne G

This is the one in your Gulf Coast turtles enclosure which not belong there........Need to ID Who is he or her???

View attachment 125293 View attachment 125294 View attachment 125295 View attachment 125296 View attachment 125297 View attachment 125298 View attachment 125299

During our 'tour' of the turtle farm, Steven commented on the turtle sitting on top of the hill in my gulf coast turtle yard. I thought it was a turtle sculpture, but then I remembered that I don't have any turtle sculptures in the box turtle area. It was an escapee from the pond. She was very dry and I worried she might have been there out of the water for a very long time. @russian/sulcata/tortoise : can you tell me what kind of turtle this is? A western painted? And look at the deformed (extra toes) on that one front foot. If memory serves, I have found this same turtle in the box turtle yard before. My next door neighbor told me a long time ago that he tossed a turtle over the fence one time, a turtle that he found when he went fishing at the lake. This is probably that turtle because the only water turtles I've ever taken in were RES (well, and pond turtles).

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Morning, all! Our cold snap is over finally. It's still a bit breezy, but supposed to get up to 72F today. I can certainly live with that!! I don't like being cold.

Yesterday Steven brought a big box of produce from his (read mother-in-law's) garden. Jacob (Steven's grandson) enjoyed hand feeding SO the produce. SO is so used to my offering him tidbits of food from a skewer (the way I get calcium pills into him), that whenever people step into his yard, he chases them around looking for treats. So he's a great people pleaser, especially for the kids. Also in attendance was Bella, the daughter of a friend who is visiting Steven and Irene. She enjoyed the tour and feeding So, but she's a bit older, so not as excitable as Jacob was. I do so enjoy my visits with Steven and Irene. They are both very nice people and interesting to talk with. The fact that he always buys my lunch is just an added bonus!!

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
It is another misty day here, but the birds are singing so what more could one need? Lol :) Going to be a frost here tonight, so I see somebody having to drag back in a bunch of plants before darkness ffalls
Nice to hear....birds singing......all we hear in this country is cars running and people screaming, my GOD.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Morning, all! Our cold snap is over finally. It's still a bit breezy, but supposed to get up to 72F today. I can certainly live with that!! I don't like being cold.

Yesterday Steven brought a big box of produce from his (read mother-in-law's) garden. Jacob (Steven's grandson) enjoyed hand feeding SO the produce. SO is so used to my offering him tidbits of food from a skewer (the way I get calcium pills into him), that whenever people step into his yard, he chases them around looking for treats. So he's a great people pleaser, especially for the kids. Also in attendance was Bella, the daughter of a friend who is visiting Steven and Irene. She enjoyed the tour and feeding So, but she's a bit older, so not as excitable as Jacob was. I do so enjoy my visits with Steven and Irene. They are both very nice people and interesting to talk with. The fact that he always buys my lunch is just an added bonus!!

Oh Yvonne.....The Pleasure are mine ! ! ! ! ! We always enjoy of visiting you, with all the torts you have, that is our bonus! ! :):):););)

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Why not? Give it a try!! Rather, it's the other way round: DESSERT in the DESERT.

Desert in the dessert. Not nice.
And also a danger of impaction, especially for the tortoise you mentioned.
But I have eaten dessert in the desert. It's good.
But usually I eat cheese.