Prayers please. Court Wednesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweetpea

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
East Bay, CA
Prayers out to you and the kids. It takes a very special person to do what you are doing. All the best!!

Missy

5 Year Member
Illinois
Hi everyone, we got home at 3am this morning. Not much went on in court, the next date is Feb 16 but that will not be for custody. It will be summer before the kids will be placed. I did get to visit with all 5 kids (they are in 3 different homes) The baby 3 months now, is so sweet and looks so much like her mother. She is with a wonderful family and bonding with her foster mom. I wanted to bring her home with me so much that it hurt. The oldest Katie is in a home with a great lady. Katie is doing ok but at her age it is super hard on her. The other 3 are about an hour and a half away. I got to visit 2 hours with them and the youngest boy cried when I had to leave, broke my heart. The older boy 11 is so withdrawn and sad that my heart just breaks. Their foster mom is also great. She told me that the older boy Kaleb has been so sad and he had not smiled the whole time he had been there until I came. He is the turtle freak,LOL. He clung to me the whole time I was there. We talked turtle and tortoise talk and I showed him pics of Tank and Lana. He asked if he can help me take care of them and I told him of course and he smiled so big. Karissa, she is 14 and has special needs, was just thrilled to see me. She is so sweet with her red hair and freckles. Well its just a waiting game now, hopefully by summer I will have 4 kids to fill this big empty house. Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers. I will post some pics when I get time.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Missy, I am glad that you got to see them all but I am so sad and sorry that not much went on yesterday :(. It must have been so hard for you and for the kids to say good bye. I am glad that you liked their foster moms.
You and the kids are in my thoughts and prayers.

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
I'm glad you got to see them and spend some time with them .The summer will be here before you know it and God willing you will get custody. God is good and he answers prayers we all should keep praying for you I know will those kid's need you they been though enough. God is great!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Its too bad the wheels turn so slowly. Those kids need a stable home in order to try to get over the loss of their mother...especially the kids who actually made the discovery.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
It's a shame things go so slowly. Anything dealing with children should take first priority, IMO, but time does fly, and Summer will be here soon, and I'm sure you house will be full of love and joy very soon. God bless!

Sweetpea

5 Year Member
East Bay, CA
Missy, what a story! I'm glad to hear that you were able to see the kids and got to see the homes they are in. The court systems can be very slow and frustrating, hang in there. Did you get contact information so that you can call them often? Keep thinking positive and all around you will be. ;-)

Jessicap

5 Year Member
Wisconsin
Isn't there a way you could get your Foster Care license to care for them until the custody is determined? What about the father? I will be praying for you all - i can't image how hard this is for everyone involved.

Missy

5 Year Member
Illinois
To answer some questions. Since the kids are out of state becoming a foster parent I dont think that would work, they want the kids in TN until custody is determined. I have to still get a home study and background check but waiting for the paperwork to get here from TN so I can get that done. As far as the dad well thats a long story, the oldest has a dad that she has never had anything to do with her. The other 3 kids dad is in prison for 40 years and the baby dad is the suspect in my cousins murder. So no dad for the kids. The kids have had a rough life, but their mother loved them and worked so hard to go to nursing school to better care for them. She moved them to TN to try and get away from the baby dad because she was scared of him. I wish it would have made them safe but he found her. You can read the stories if you type in Chandra Powell and Chattanooga TN that will bring up the news. As of right now there have been no arrest and the police are not telling us anything.

zoogrl

5 Year Member
Missouri
That is such a horrible thing for them to go thru, I am so sorry. I am glad to hear that you all were able to have some time together. I'm sure you & the kids needed that today. I hope that you all are able to be together soon, I will continue to keep your family in my prayers.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
I will be praying for you and the kids. May God bless you and your family.

Shelly

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Southern California
Missy said:
As far as the dad well thats a long story, the oldest has a dad that she has never had anything to do with her. The other 3 kids dad is in prison for 40 years and the baby dad is the suspect in my cousins murder. So no dad for the kids.

Wow. I feel really bad for those children. It's terrible what happened to your cousin, but she seemed to really have made some seriously poor choices in her life. I hope that her children can somehow overcome the cycle of violence that claimed their mother, and sent their fathers to jail.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
I just read the story also Missy and that is just heartrending. I feel even worst now for the children as I didn't realize everything that they've witnessed. Are there any grandparents trying to get custody?

Missy

5 Year Member
Illinois
Candy said:
I just read the story also Missy and that is just heartrending. I feel even worst now for the children as I didn't realize everything that they've witnessed. Are there any grandparents trying to get custody?

The only living grandmother is my cousins mom(not related to me) and she has never been in the kids lives much and did not even want anything to do with her daughters funeral. I just found out that the nephew of the dad that is in prison just filed for custody for the boys. That scares me, that whole family is crazy. I hope the judge will see that. I am really upset because that could delay things even further. The older one Kaleb said he does not want to live with them. I am a mess over this.

DoctorCosmonaut

10 Year Member!
Oregon
Prayers sent your way. Hang in there. You've got a whole community thinking of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.