Prayers please. Court Wednesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Missy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Illinois
Hi all, I have been going through something horrible for the past couple months. My dear cousin Chandra was murdered Oct.27. She left 5 children ages 16,12,9 and 2 months. The kids are in 3 foster homes. I have applied for custody for 4 of them and another family member for 1. I will be going for the first court date on the 12 and will be visiting the kids while there. I hope the weather holds out because it is a 9 hour drive to Chattanooga from where I live. I am asking for prayers for the kids, they have been through Hell and have been moved 5 times since they found their mother dead. The system is broken and should not be so hard for family to get custody of the kids. I was told it could be 6-9 months. One of the boys loves turtles and has 2 sliders, so we get along fine LOL. He is excited to meet Tank and Lana. But I can't help fearing taking 4 kids in. My kids are grown and gone and to start over really scares me but someone has to. So if you all would say a little prayer that everything goes well I would be thankful.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
What a brave and wonderful thing you are doing. It would have been so easy to say, "Let someone else do it." I hope it turns out the way you want it to, and I will send some prayers to the Big Man in your favor!

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
OMG what a horrible story. I am so sorry Missy, all my condolences :(. Poor kids, I do not know why it is so hard for a family member to adopt kids from the same family :(. It must be horrible for them. Your family and the kids are in my thoughts and prayers.
RIP Chandra :(

Cameron

10 Year Member!
Oklahoma
What a terrible situation. It is so sad the kids have to go through further heart-ache after such an already tragic event. I'm definitely praying for you and them and I hope things turn out for the best for the children.

exoticsdr

5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Southeast Texas
You got 'em and then more....don't worry, you've done it once and can do so again.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I hope everything works out for you, and you can get custody of them. It may be hard in the beginning, but you can do this. Be strong. My prayers are with you.

zoogrl

5 Year Member
Missouri
I am so sorry. I will send lots of prayers your way for you and your family. What a horrible thing for you all to be going thru, be strong and have faith. I can't imagine how difficult this must be, if there's anything I can do to help please let me know.

lisalove

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Many thoughts and prayers heading your way for your family and those poor kids :(
I hope you are able to get custody for all of them so they don't need to be separated from each other after losing so much already. It's unfortunate people think a last will and tesatament is only needed as we get older when that really isn't the case.
Blessings to all of your family.

Jessicap

5 Year Member
Wisconsin
My prayers are with you and the children. It is a wonderful think you are trying to do for them.

tobibaby

5 Year Member
SoCal
you R awesome.. it takes a lot to take such responsibility however those kids need family and love and support right now and i am so happy that they have a person like you.. pretty sure it would be hard to start all over but just imagine the accoplishment you achieve.. you are in my prayers and i wish u the best of luck w/ everything and also i wish you patience, its going to take alot out of u emotionaly and physically but again you are AWESOME..

Missy

5 Year Member
Illinois
Thanks everyone for the prayer and kind words. I work 3pm-3am today then heading out as soon as I get off work. Forcast is 3-5'' of snow in TN so it will be a long trip.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Missy I'm so sorry for your loss. How horrible this story is to hear. Good luck in court. Let us know how it goes. A 12 hour shift....are you a nurse?

Missy

5 Year Member
Illinois
Candy said:
Missy I'm so sorry for your loss. How horrible this story is to hear. Good luck in court. Let us know how it goes. A 12 hour shift....are you a nurse?

Thanks Candy. I am an EMT and I work 2 jobs, one at a trauma center 12 hour shifts and my county ambulance service 24 hour shifts. Right now I work about 60 hours a week but if I get the kids I will give up one of them. I love both jobs so I don't no witch I will choose.

moswen

5 Year Member
oh wow missy! what a wonderful thing you're doing, yvonne's right it would have been so easy for you to say let someone else do it. but you didn't. you're a wonderful person! it's going to be so hard, i'm sure you know! but, it's all about the kids now. they need some familiarity and a mother who won't leave them again. they need the security of that. i'm so here for you! anything you need. you're an amazing person!!

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
Missy said:
Hi all, I have been going through something horrible for the past couple months. My dear cousin Chandra was murdered Oct.27. She left 5 children ages 16,12,9 and 2 months. The kids are in 3 foster homes. I have applied for custody for 4 of them and another family member for 1. I will be going for the first court date on the 12 and will be visiting the kids while there. I hope the weather holds out because it is a 9 hour drive to Chattanooga from where I live. I am asking for prayers for the kids, they have been through Hell and have been moved 5 times since they found their mother dead. The system is broken and should not be so hard for family to get custody of the kids. I was told it could be 6-9 months. One of the boys loves turtles and has 2 sliders, so we get along fine LOL. He is excited to meet Tank and Lana. But I can't help fearing taking 4 kids in. My kids are grown and gone and to start over really scares me but someone has to. So if you all would say a little prayer that everything goes well I would be thankful.

Absolutely you have our collective prayers and mojo. Best of luck!

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Today's the big day! Sending good thoughts and prayers your way.
Please keep us posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.